Exchange Simulator

A place to discuss anything.
spreadbetting

Wonder if they'll be cherry picking races to entice in the punters or just random races, I see they have Enable's Eclipse stakes.

Betfair has been investing in Exchange education for some time now. Clive Owen has led the TV and print campaigns while we’ve utilised our arsenal of ambassadors with live in-play trading videos, nationally and internationally. We are now happy to announce our Exchange Simulator is in the final stages before release which will allow current and prospective customers to sample the exchange without risking a penny.

The simulator will play out 20 horse races and 1 football match from years gone by, complemented by historic video content for our customers to experience the full market life cycle. At the same time, customer will be able to make trades as if the market was live but without risking real money.

The simulator will be accessible on desktop and mobile platforms. It will be accompanied by articles and videos to walk you through the experience of placing a bet from start to finish. We believe that by investing in the education of our customers and creating a truly educational/learning hub, we will bring more players to the exchange as we aim to demystify Exchange betting. We are looking to launch towards the end of September/early October.
Untitled.png
jimibt

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:24 pm
Wonder if they'll be cherry picking races to entice in the punters or just random races, I see they have Enable's Eclipse stakes.

Betfair has been investing in Exchange education for some time now. Clive Owen has led the TV and print campaigns while we’ve utilised our arsenal of ambassadors with live in-play trading videos, nationally and internationally. We are now happy to announce our Exchange Simulator is in the final stages before release which will allow current and prospective customers to sample the exchange without risking a penny.

The simulator will play out 20 horse races and 1 football match from years gone by, complemented by historic video content for our customers to experience the full market life cycle. At the same time, customer will be able to make trades as if the market was live but without risking real money.

The simulator will be accessible on desktop and mobile platforms. It will be accompanied by articles and videos to walk you through the experience of placing a bet from start to finish. We believe that by investing in the education of our customers and creating a truly educational/learning hub, we will bring more players to the exchange as we aim to demystify Exchange betting. We are looking to launch towards the end of September/early October.
Untitled.png
jeez, Memphis will have a field day with his p&l's now :D
Derek27

It shouldn't be too difficult to create your own in Excel/VBA to run off downloaded data. I wouldn't mind doing it but it would have limited use, if any.
darchas

It's good to see Betfair investing in bringing new players to the exchange.
Euler

Any URL?
LeTiss

I'm wondering if there will be a massive outage for a touch of realism?......or perhaps they turn the markets IP too early and leave it suspended for an eternity?
Euler

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:05 pm
I'm wondering if there will be a massive outage for a touch of realism?......or perhaps they turn the markets IP too early and leave it suspended for an eternity?
FPMSL :lol:
spreadbetting

Euler wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:01 pm
Any URL?
Not due to go live til October.

I'd guess it'll be as bad as the one the Aussies use just with historic exchange data and TV pics

https://www.betfair.com.au/hub/betfair- ... simulator/
Euler

Are you on a beta of some sort?
spreadbetting

No that's just from the premium charge newsletter
Derek27

I really love websites that check you're over 18 by asking for your date of birth. :lol:
Euler

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:48 pm
No that's just from the premium charge newsletter
OK, I never get notified of that for some reason. I have to hunt it down on the BDP forum.
spreadbetting

You're not the only one, I'd never even heard of the newsletter until March when they were ringing round people trying to get liquidity into the exchange because of lockdown. First time I'd ever had a call from my account manager too.

Return to “General discussion”