Betfair VPN

A place to discuss anything.
Frey

Hi BetAngel,

I am using Betfair combined with Betangel Pro and am located in Germany Dusseldorf. Today I received a Betfair VPN Stick which is according to the mail I received the stick with by Betfair, for Premium customers.

I dont know much about the technichal aspects of this, but please could you check out if I have to config my Betangel in any way as the stick installs a program on my computer and I don't know in how far this might influence Betangel.

Regards
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We've never heard of this before so perhaps you can explain a bit more?
Jimmy

Have you contacted Betfair to find out what it is. Just in case its not from them. Might be a scam.?

Cheers

Jimmy
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We got the following information from Betfair, the say you should contact the helpdesk directly if you need any help. As we haven't seen this we don't know what effect it could have on Bet Angel. So if you are concerned contact support and we can learn more about it: -
Important Information for the future use of Betfair
VPM Premium Service
Dear customer,
We would like to inform you about an important change for the future use of Betfair. You are one of the exclusive users, who will be completely switched until 11th January 2010 to a so called Virtual Private Network (VPN). This means for you: If you like to use Betfair as in the past, you would need to install and use the attached software until the 11th.
Surely this will create some questions. We would like to invite you to call us or sent us an email for any question you have for the reasons of this switch to VPN. If you like you can send us your phone number and we will call back.
We also would like to inform you about the advantages of the VPN Premium Service. With the VPN all the data transfer with Betfair will fully encrypted and you gain direct access to the betting markets. There are no costs involved, there are no limits in the usage and there are only advantages for you, e.g. due to the secure data transfer. It is important to know that after you are connect via VPN you can use your Browser and other programs which are connected to the Internet as usual. VPN – in connection with our provider Scouthost Ltd is only active in the background. There are no changes with your usage in the Internet.
The installation for the VPN software is simple and will only take less than 5 Minutes.
From the 11th January onwards it is necessary to use VPN to have access to Betfair as usual. All other internet sites can be used without VPN. We are sure that you soon will see the advantages for the for using VPN.
It looks like they are trying to route traffic to Betfair in a different manner from Germany. Make sure you don't confuse VPN for VPS, two different things.
andyfuller

What's the reason for that? Some new legislation in Germany?

Return to “General discussion”