Fixed matches and bullshit

A place to discuss anything.
convoysur-2

Im amazed at how gullable the general public really are ,
and how easily they can be seperated from there hard earned cash,
i have been keeping an eye on these so called fixed match pages on the web,,i blown away by the amount of people are sucked in for the big upcoming fixed game ,no way to lose and just 100 quid for this info,odds 50/1...they pay and the page dissapears.
50-80 people at a time scammed out of 100 quid ,and the internet is full of it,
then we have the tipster ,vip betting groups,with fairy tale profit and loss.people pay to be told what bets to place to lose there money.
and betfair with there fruit machines all over the place,and there stupid virtual sports stuck on evrry page i click on.
if i didnt have morals it would be so easy to suck this blood money out of people like they do,
but what path is a multi billion pound company like betfair doing promoting all this virtual crap.?
Marc
cnebeife

its unfortunate even now at 2018 its more worst as bookies themselves now open social media account

and give it fake games in place of fixed matches and label it pay after win with phrases like bet your house and so on...

i really learnt alot reading LINK REMOVED, now i know better and can avoid been scammed again.
spreadbetting

Sadly it's the way of the world, no one wants to work hard if they can find a shortcut to success.

But I don't think, as traders/gamblers, we can be too moralistic because it's not as if our 'job' contributes anything worthwhile to society either. Plus we're also taking advantage of the greedy and gullable just not being so brutal or blatant about it I guess.
northbound

Gullible people and beginners deserve to be shafted.

Failing is a very instructive process, IF one is willing to learn from his failings.

If they keep doing/buying the same thing, expecting different results, they deseve to be shafted even more.
Euler

I do have an issue with the rubbish that goes on. I felt trading was a good way to lift the industry out of that smoked filled grey area and into the 21st century, but I think it's worse that ever now. Tipsters and now 'traders' but nobody ever seems to get punished. People can dish out trading advice as an expert despite no evidence they actually put their money where their mouth is. Trading services seem to be popping up all over the place now. The issue is that if you had a formulaic process to generate good trades you would surely just automate it and focus on getting on as much as possible.

Despite all the work I've done, I still struggle to gain traction because most of the industry is still in the gutter. Bit frustrating.
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:18 pm
I do have an issue with the rubbish that goes on. I felt trading was a good way to lift the industry out of that smoked filled grey area and into the 21st century, but I think it's worse that ever now. Tipsters and now 'traders' but nobody ever seems to get punished. People can dish out trading advice as an expert despite no evidence they actually put their money where their mouth is. Trading services seem to be popping up all over the place now. The issue is that if you had a formulaic process to generate good trades you would surely just automate it and focus on getting on as much as possible.

Despite all the work I've done, I still struggle to gain traction because most of the industry is still in the gutter. Bit frustrating.
The thing is....you will see it almost everywhere. More recently in crypto currency (previously binary options). Crypto trading (more recently futures trading), the owners of the site(s) traded against it's own customer base with the extra knowledge on their positions, ie: stops..etc

Some will look for the "easy way" some will learn from their own mistakes, others take proper instruction and build on it. Advertising/peddling the rubbish is a numbers game, some are better at it than others.

Return to “General discussion”