Jean Delesse - Professional Betfair trader (scam)

A place to discuss anything.
kavabata

Hi guys

have you come across this person named Jean Delesse before? I just got an invite on facebook from this guy even tho we don't have mutual friends. I've checked his fb, and twitter, results hes posting are outstanding. I thought I'm going to investigate it and see if hes full of shit, with his systems etc.

Didn't have to look far. We start talking and I spoke about how I just started trading tennis, using strategies based on statistics, like tennisratings services, and he immediately replied that its for tipsters(?) and I am not going to go far with that(?), he explained that its all about finding value(is it not what tennis ratings offer?), he also mentioned that he is courtsider. Then he started offering to trade with him, and it would work like that;

Option one;
-System 1 (horses, no risk) - 1.500 Euros
-System 3 (horses, no risk) - 1.500 Euros
-System 12 (greyhound , no risk) - 600 Euros
-System 10 (tennis , small risk) - 500 Euros(after I mentioned that I am interested price quickly changed to 1.500 euros as well)

Option two;
a)I give him starting capital (£200)
b)In one month he doubles it
c)he charges me 35% commision
d)I get the rest
Sounds fair enough right? It's possible to make that money, and commission is reasonable.

Next part is where things got interesting.
He does these things on his "own platform" but its name can only be revealed once you go with the deal.
I was asked my DOB, and name how it does appear on my ID, because he would create an account under my name, but he would be the one running it, and basically correct dob is needed for kyc, if we would withdraw more than £5k in winnings.
Things got even more interesting after it came down to payment. He asked me if I use skrill so I confirmed. When I asked his skrill address he attempted a very interesting trick!
He said he doesnt have skrill and he can only link it with his neteller account if I could quickly give him my skrill login and password so as a proof he can take only £10, and then I can change my password back no problem. I explained him, that Im not really willing to give my password to him he then offered his id card etc, which I asked for, but still didn't give him my password. then he gave me some other skrill account which was under the name of Haim Martsiano ([email protected]) so I sent him £1.99 and see what happens, obviously he got the money but then got kind of upset that I am wasting his time and he already made £650 today so I would be better hurry up to get on board with him. After I questioned him further why he uses different account than himself he said "who cares"
at the end of conversation I actually told him that he is a scammer but he wasn't really bothered with that and asked me if I still want to join. by he way somewhere around the time where he asked me for my skrill password, I was messaged on fb by some bird from senegal, who never replied after I refused to give my details.

Here are his profiles on fb and twitter if you are "interested in his services". Things to note tho, non of his pictures contains any results, just amount of profit made, and any of his "customers" photos contains names, he doesn't have much going on on his twitter, apart his own post, not really communicating with anyone, so it doesn't look like he is well established trader, coz I don't think that real pro with results like that, would be on such a
low profile on twitter.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010710136294
https://twitter.com/Jean19613

what are your thoughts? Maybe its very common thing in community but I haven't come across many of them in the past so I thought Ill share with you.

Best
M.
marko236

Anyone that comes up with a great trading or gambling system has no need to get investers they will make a fortune doing it by themselfs, I really hate people that come up with scams like this!
Euler

It's probably a scam, I've done a general video on this sort of thing, though it's not ready for release. It will be in the next week or so.
Kai

That's exactly the guy that I mentioned the other day when I said I was afraid to link to his Facebook page because some people might actually fall for his scams. By far the most pathetic scammer that I've yet encountered and I've seen quite a few coming from the English football trading "communities".

He obviously loves photoshopping P/L screenshots but the funniest thing that he did was to try and make a video proof of his P/L when people asked him to do so, and he did that by just recording another P/L screenshot without even clicking anywhere once :lol: I would post that video here but I deleted it, pure comedy gold, although I think Andrejt still has it so hopefully he posts it.

I don't know if it's a good thing to give him so much attention but I'm looking forward to Euler's video.
Euler

Kai wrote:I don't know if it's a good thing to give him so much attention but I'm looking forward to Euler's video.
I've generalised the video to capture all these types of scams, but it looks so similar I think it should cover it.
Kai

That's even better then, I'm sure you have enough material for a 2 hour special :mrgreen:

There are some ridiculous and funny scammers out there, like this guy bluecyprus1 on Youtube who went to the effort of recording 150 videos showcasing his risky football strategies based on time decay (plz no goal first 20mins kthx) which he was then selling on his website, which I guess is perfectly fine except he forgot to mention that it was all recorded in practice mode. I've never seen someone so excited about imaginary profits in my life, some of his comments like "happy days" had me in stitches. Apparently one of his pissed off customers hacked and took over his website so he ended up deleting all of the videos and in the end had to start his scamming career all over again and create a new website, last time I checked he was still recording practice mode videos.
andrejt

Kai wrote:I would post that video here but I deleted it, pure comedy gold, although I think Andrejt still has it so hopefully he posts it.
Here you go :D

https://youtu.be/vYY35GR_btE
gustave01

Good afternoon,

I have invested some money few month ago with this tennis trader and he traded in my own betfair account.
He made me some good profit but adter 4 month he stopped the deal with me because he asked higher commision.

From my experience it's definetely not a scam !!!!!

The question is :
Did he scam you ? Did he took you money?
The answer is NO so don't come judge people and say they are scammers without any proof
If you are frustrated to not suceed in betfair , it's your own problem.
Now go back to do your homework or in your firm to earn few €€€

Best of l
Greetings to martynas baltrusaitis( sorry but your name sound like medicine) and gospokt sukt
mklim_irlpl

check this out haha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wilow

I talked a lot with him, he added me to facebook and told me the same things (the courtsider story, 8 big clients from UK, etc..) I told him that I will start depositing $100 and talked to me everyday to start (very desperate for a pro who earns thousands per day..), then I told him I will start with $1000 and ask him for his ID (as he promised before), he sended to me and than I asked him for a photo to proove that it was the same guy of the ID and he was like "do you want my passwords to?, i thought you were serious..". That was it.. I told him to get a job and go f*** his mother. He acted surprise and blocked me from FB.
kavabata

Interestingly enough he just texted me on facebook with account created using my details and my profile picture. Aslo using same email that I use for skrill, but created on @gmail.com, obviously facebook removed it immediately but my question is; would he be able to do any financial or other sort of damage with my identity? he does know my dob I think but thats all. He is also a member of this forum I would think
PeterLe

I havent read the whol thread, but check out two step authentication (Security settings on betfair)
Two seconds to implenent and very safe
marksmeets302

Peter, Is it possible to separate the two factor login for api and website? I mean, if enabled will automations fail to start?
PeterLe

If you use betangel or login to betfair via the web, you would use two step authentication and everything works as normal no issues. Honestly it's a no brainer. I've been using two step since it came out. It just gives that safe feeling. All you do is append a 6 digit number on your password which is dynamic and changing even 20 secs or so.
If you access betfair using your own programs (Ie via API ) you don't use two step..you would use an api key, password and certificate.
Regards
Peter

Return to “General discussion”