Connection Modes...

A place to discuss anything.
PeterLe

Hi BA/Anyone..
Following on from this afternoons API failure....

Hope someone might be able to answer a question I have with regards to connection modes....

I can see from the BA User Guide Which modes are API and which are not...

Is there anywhere that details which commands can only run on the API...(For example I know that in Non API I cannot retrieve last traded price information; full market depth or bet persistence options)...

I use the last traded odds in my spreadsheet (but I can easily adapt that )..but I dont use the two other examples I noted above....

Is there a whitepaper or other documentation available that lists all the commands and which are in Mode 0, Mode 1 etc...
thakns in advance...
Regards
Peter
gutuami

Statement from:
http://www.betangel.com/support/Bet_Angel_QRG.pdf
the link is not working at the moment. :!:
Connection mode settings: -
Zero “0”, is the default mode in Bet Angel Professional. In mode zero, Bet Angel will use the default settings contained within Bet Angel. From mode zero you use additional connection modes.
Mode Result
Mode 0: Default configuration set by us when releasing Bet Angel Pro
Mode 1: Non API mode
Mode 3: Hybrid mode one
Mode 5: Hybrid mode two
Mode 9: Hybrid mode three
Mode 7: Full API mode
Recommended connection mode settings
Zero “0”, is the default mode in Bet Angel and is the recommended mode of operation. If you select mode 7 this is also recommend, this is because they are full API modes. This means that if you connect to Betfair using these modes they should be the most stable and also contain the most features. It is important to note that some of the features in Bet Angel are API only. You should also note that if Betfair change their website the non API modes could fail or malfunction. So overall the API mode is the safest to use.
The hybrid modes contain specific characteristics that are variations of API and non API functions. This allows you to „play‟ around with connections that may best suit you. Some data is pulled from the API while others are pulled from alternate methods. The primary objective of the hybrid modes is to get the best possible connection and performance.
PeterLe

Thanks Gutuami..
I had that info from the manual but but doesnt answer my question.. I am just trying to find out which features are only available in API as opposed to Non API..(there must be a list of commands for each mode??)

In short; what I am trying to do is to create a Non API version of the spreadsheet I use each day...so that if we lose the API (Again!)..then I can continue trading..

Thanks
Peter

Return to “General discussion”