Re : Does Scalping work anymore

A place to discuss anything.
Euler

Y, that was more aimed at Jeff as that looks like his strategy?
Crazyskier

Does scalping work? I can only say that mine has been working for over a year now, producing a few pounds profit every single day for free - fully automated.

It uses a very tight set of selection criteria and rules / triggers. I use only a £2 liability per trade and achieve around 90% strike rate on my trades across a whole day's racing. It works on all races to a given time before event start and took me around 18 months to refine fully with a lot of help from Dallas, Jimbit, Peterle and others to refine fully (I still tweak the odds selection and triggers ocassionally).

I have tried scaling up but my 'edge' seems to disappear or at least reduce somewhat when I ask for more than pennies per trade; I kind of rely on being 'under the radar' and trading early on. As you will see with today's chart I have won on 25/26 events and this is broadly typical. I won't get rich but a few beers at the weekend courtesy of my 'bot' is always nice when I withdraw £50 or so.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bluesky

Excellent results CS, although £50 per week is not going to change your life its a nice little sum each week to spend on a few extras. It's a shame that scaling up doesn't seem to work on the system, but that knowledge in itself might give you a better understanding of the horse racing markets and might lead you to something that could scale up in future.

Return to “General discussion”