Betfair from USA

A place to discuss anything.
balerdi

Can I connect to Betfair from USA with software Betangel Professional or also need VPS server?
Thanks,

www.pelotalive.com
PeterLe

I suspect that Betfair will screen you IP address and prevent you logging in from the US...
I work for an American company and sometimes if I log in on the VPN (Virtual Private Network) it looks like I'm trying to access betfair from the US...
..But if you use the VPS (Which has a UK IP address...not sure how Betfair can recognise that you are US based??)..
I'd like the do the reverse when the US removes the On line gambling ban ! (",)....
Iron

It's ironic that it's perfectly legal in the States to walk down the street carrying an AK47, but you can get arrested for placing a bet on a horse!

Jeff
PeterLe wrote: I'd like the do the reverse when the US removes the On line gambling ban ! (",)....
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Betfair don't allow registrations from blocked territories but if you are registered in the EU then try and access from a US IP that will be blocked also. However if you are registered in the EU and log into a VPS the VPS is in the EU and effectively places bets on your behalf, so you can have access from where ever you are working with the VPS.
andyfuller

I am pretty sure this is still illegal, though not sure if it is just you or Betfair or both who would be breaking the law. I thought I read somewhere recently about some Poker players who were doing something along this line that were arrested. That wasn't using Betfair btw.

Chances of you getting caught would be minimal I think but bear in mind you are potentially breaking the law and it seems the Americans don't look favourably upon those that are caught.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

For clarification look at the legality part of this wiki link: -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_gambling
enzabella2009

I keep getting blocked over Italy as well. I have managed to access BETFAIR main page using w-gen.betfair.com/en/. I can log in with BA no problems at all but for deposits or withdraws I have to access to BETFAIR POKER and select my account. If I tryed to access my account using betfair.com or w-gen.betfair.com/en I will get blocked by the online Italian police. Whats funny about it is that It s actually illegal practice what they do to block me. It s all down to taxes of course, AMMS asked 40% tax to Betfair to operate over italy or more and 40% tax from gamblers which are in profits...AMMS to give you an idea made over 3billion euros over the national lottery alone (75% taxes, 25% to winners).
hgodden

Enzabella

What are the tax rules in Italy for pro gamblers?
enzabella2009

If Betfair operated over Italy betfair would pay 25% tax over their profits( before tax) plus 15% over other taxes payments. A progambler would pay 25% tax plus 15% over other taxes like national insurance and pension if it s the main job. If it s classed as secondary income I t should be 25% tax over their profits ( If you declared it). So If you work and you gamble you pay 40% over your main JOB and 25% over a seconday income. IF YOU CAN READ IN ITALIAN THIS IS THE LAW LINK ( not specificly for gamblers but still applicable for seconday income) http://xoomer.virgilio.it/marcommerce/N ... versi.html
hgodden

Emmson

" The Supreme Court has just ruled 7-2 to overturn the federal ban on sports gambling. It's a historic day in American sport."

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/statu ... 0562319361

Would be sensational if this turns out to be NOT a false dawn.
megarain

massive .. bigger than the day they banned online poker.
wearthefoxhat

Emmson wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 3:23 pm
" The Supreme Court has just ruled 7-2 to overturn the federal ban on sports gambling. It's a historic day in American sport."

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/statu ... 0562319361

Would be sensational if this turns out to be NOT a false dawn.
Had a feeling the Trump factor might change up things a bit.

An older article explains some of the hurdles still to overcome, but may be easier from now on.

https://playinglegal.com/news/betfair-l ... e-usa-3005
Last edited by wearthefoxhat on Mon May 14, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

Who knows where this could now take us in next few years!
BetScalper

The USA loves greyhound racing.

Lets hope for much more liquidity.

:)

Return to “General discussion”