Priomha - sport betting hedge fund

A place to discuss anything.
poklius

So I've stumbled upon this sports betting hedge fund, never heard of it before in any sports traders community. And my bullshit sensors started going off the chart, but I'm interested what you guys think.
Could this be legit or is it just another ponzi scheme? If it is legit, how is it possible to trade in play possibly millions of pounds(minimum investment 100k)? Even if they manage it somehow, surely they'd be getting special commission deals from Betfair, and in that case, aren't we all small fish doomed?

Priomha http://priomha.com/priomha-global-limit ... vestments/

CEO Interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEIEAEJpmSg
Euler

Have a read of this: -

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1543&p=86894&hilit=centaur#p86894

Which ended in this: -

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/north- ... ed-6708570

Remarkably, everybody that was involved in this shocker are still doing exactly that same thing!
Euler

There have been so many attempts to set up an organised fund, but they all flounder on the basis that you simply can't scale it that much.

I have far more money available to use than most markets turnover so why the hell would you want to raise money from investors to put to use?

I know of five major syndicates that operate from London but they are all run for the benefit of the syndicate. No external funds.

I can just never see justification for raising money externally.
poklius

Euler wrote:There have been so many attempts to set up an organised fund, but they all flounder on the basis that you simply can't scale it that much.
yep, that was my thinking also. Yet, they require minimum AUD500k and GBP100k deposits. Another massive scam in progress :shock:
shakespeare

On a similar topic, can social trading funds be trusted or are they scams too?
LeTiss

It's the same as all hedge funds - the only real winners are the cunts taking the cream off the top
Dublin_Flyer

From the FAQ:
Priomha Capital’s fund is not a registered managed investment scheme, but rather it is being operated as a small-scale private fund with limited investors. For this reason, the Priomha Capital’s investment fund is not being regulated by ASIC or the Corporations Act.

I'm not well versed in financal jargon at all, but to me this reads as a caveat saying "We are not regulated whatsoever, and are answerable to nobody at all when this goes tits-up"

It looks the equivalent of giving Bullshit Billy from the local pub who always claims to land the 5 horse accas a stack of cash to "invest" for you. When you ask how it's doing, it's always coming along nicely, most of it is tied up in some far off ante-post sure thing.

If I had 1/2 a mill Aussie Dollars to blow, I can think of more fun ways to do it.
Euler

This company popped into my head this evening and I thought I would google them to see how things went.

No website, all social media feeds quiet. I'm guessing it failed like every other one before them? Anybody have any press around this that is recent?
eightbo

No but these guys seem to be posting selections still
https://athleticsinvestments.com/#/ModalTrades10
firlandsfarm

LeTiss wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:09 pm
It's the same as all hedge funds - the only real winners are the cunts taking the cream off the top
Sorry LeTiss, can't agree. Hedge funds in the financial markets are doing no different to anyone who tries to make money from taking a position on a financial instrument only perhaps better placed because of financial muscle, knowledge and in most cases the bravery of putting the money where their mouth is. We are all trying to take cream off the top, that's why we do it. I would never make a hedge fund dealer because many's the time I said to myself "I reckon this (or that) …" and been right (and many the time not right!) but not had the balls to put my money there.

Return to “General discussion”