RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:10 pm
I only use Firefox. If you type about:config into the location bar you can get to all the interesting settings. The only addon I use is adblocker and apart from the popup warning today about addons its just worked normally.
My understanding is that you can only disable what they've done if you roll back several versions!!

They're doing it in the name of "user security". The problem is that add-ons are part of a user's security and are no less secure than the day before they blocked them!
Derek27

flipping Excel 'fill' command's been changed from text to a down-arrow icon. Took me 2 minutes to find it!
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 12:16 am
flipping Excel 'fill' command's been changed from text to a down-arrow icon. Took me 2 minutes to find it!
I always use keystrokes for things I do a lot. I find using a mouse generally slows me down, and touch wood, keystrokes usually stay the same from version to version. Even if they're not advertised as such they often still work.
Derek27

I find there are too many commands I use frequently to use keyboard macros but I'd find them quickly with a mouse if they didn't change!

Perhaps I should create my own custom ribbon (changed from toolbar) with frequent commands.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:52 am
I find there are too many commands I use frequently to use keyboard macros but I'd find them quickly with a mouse if they didn't change!

Perhaps I should create my own custom ribbon (changed from toolbar) with frequent commands.
I wasn't meaning macros as such, just the key bindings like Alt-EID for fill down, Alt-EIR for fill right etc.
I know what you mean about the ribbon....how many thousand times do I have to type something before I make a button for it, and then when you do, you never use the damn thing ever again.
Derek27

flipping dickhead!!

24 x £0.01 bets at 7.6, just to gain an extra 0.4 pence per bet. I thought something was wrong with my sound card as it queued up the bet fired sounds!
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

I thought you've implied before you stick in sub £2 bets so can hardly complain ,Derek
Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:32 pm
I thought you've implied before you stick in sub £2 bets so can hardly complain ,Derek
Can you quote where I said that? You've got a habit of claiming I said things or implied things I don't remember. In any case, the issue is not a sub £2 bet but 24 one penny bets.
spreadbetting

Here you go Derek, maybe you're just selective about what you remember.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11955&p=187982#p187982
Derek27

I think you're having difficulty reading SB. I said people like us who trade the low liquidity markets are lepers.

No mention of sub £2 bets, just the markets we trade. If you've interpreted it any differently that's you being negative.

Or if you're looking at the "<=£2 stakes", that's part of eightbo's post.
spreadbetting

I'd have thought it's a perfectly reasonable conclusion to jump to when someone's replying to a post about sub £2 bets by posting little winky smilies after admitting they play the low liquidity markets as a leper.

Either way it's a bit rich for someone who's previous been bragging about ripping off punters by betting on markets where the result is known but suspended, to now be moaning that someone might have won an extra 4p off them :lol:

I'm not sure I'd have the penny bettors at the top of the list of scummy betting practices.
Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:49 am
I'd have thought it's a perfectly reasonable conclusion to jump to when someone's replying to a post about sub £2 bets by posting little winky smilies after admitting they play the low liquidity markets as a leper.

Either way it's a bit rich for someone who's previous been bragging about ripping off punters by betting on markets where the result is known but suspended, to now be moaning that someone might have won an extra 4p off them :lol:

I'm not sure I'd have the penny bettors at the top of the list of scummy betting practices.
The wink was related to being a leper, which in turn was related to trading low liquid markets - not placing sub £2 bets. Eightbo's post wasn't actually about sub £2 bets but trading markets that have them. Furthermore, past-posting isn't breaking any rules, taking advantage of rounding off is.

As I've said before on this forum, the issue isn't the 0.4 pence but the annoying machine gun like sound effects of trading software as a sound is played with each penny bet taken.
Derek27

The cat went missing for almost 24 hours. Obviously relieved she got back safely but then she does a gigantic stinking number two in the litter tray!!

She's been out fuck knows where for a whole day and night, the entire county could have been her litter tray!
Derek27

WTF do cats go back to the litter tray to look at and admire what they produced 15-minutes ago?

Just bury it and forget about it!
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:35 am
WTF do cats go back to the litter tray to look at and admire what they produced 15-minutes ago?

Just bury it and forget about it!
They're thinking why would a human want cat shit in their house for more than 5 mins. No animal chooses to keep excrement (especially not their own! ), in their living quarters except cat owners. :? Can't you just scoop it, bag it and bin it?

Return to “General discussion”