RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

trader44 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:53 am
joggers who keep jogging at trafifc lights ,why oh why .just have a rest until it goes on green it wont harm you :evil:
I don't know why other joggers do it, but when I've run a long distance and I'm forced to stop for 30 seconds it feels a bit uncomfortable when I start running again.

But instead of making a pratt of myself and running on the spot while waiting to cross a road I just plan a route that doesn't cross main roads. 8-)
Kafkaesque

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:00 am
trader44 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:53 am
joggers who keep jogging at trafifc lights ,why oh why .just have a rest until it goes on green it wont harm you :evil:
You think you got something to rant about?

I was just getting ready to start US trading when my neighbour lost all power due to what I think is a faulty meter, so I had to entertain her for two hours while her mother called round to pick her up, and that was the end of my US trading. :(

Saving grace is that Randwick and Caulfield start at 3:00. :D
.........Hidden brag...................

I just got some, and I lasted two hours :lol: ;)

....................But I would still rather trade :roll:
trader44

:lol:
northbound

Kafkaesque wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:53 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:00 am
I was just getting ready to start US trading when my neighbour lost all power due to what I think is a faulty meter, so I had to entertain her for two hours...
.........Hidden brag...................

I just got some, and I lasted two hours :lol: ;)

....................But I would still rather trade :roll:
Or maybe...

I just got some, then I had to listen to her talking for two hours.

No wonder I would still rather trade :D
Derek27

I let her use my freezer to keep her food frozen, so she'll be back when power's restored. ;)
ShaunWhite

Anyone here use btinternet.com ?
I only have access to 2 of my 8 email accounts, might be worth checking yours if you have multiples
Chat bot is looking into it now.

Anyone else have issues?
ShaunWhite

If you don't logon to an email address for 90 days they delete it :o No warning.

"Level 2" team phoning me tomorrow and they should be able to re-instate it with nothing lost.

Bloody annoying though because a couple are just used for site logons/paypal and I never need to go into the email account to check anything.

..look out for this one.
to75ne

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:43 pm
If you don't logon to an email address for 90 days they delete it :o No warning.

"Level 2" team phoning me tomorrow and they should be able to re-instate it with nothing lost.

Bloody annoying though because a couple are just used for site logons/paypal and I never need to go into the email account to check anything.

..look out for this one.
your fault you should have read their terms and conditions. :)

seriously why dont you just use your main two address's, and then use disposable ones for everything else, not much to remember then.
ShaunWhite

to75ne wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:52 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
your fault you should have read their terms and conditions. :)
seriously why dont you just use your main two address's, and then use disposable ones for everything else, not much to remember then.
If I'd been told the Ts&Cs had changed I might have. ;) One of those accounts goes back to 1999.

I like to use a different address for each thing linked to money. Disposable ones are a pain if you forget your password but I do use disposable ones for the other misc/temp sites.

Main address2 and some others belong to the missus so I only have 4, not too hard to keep on top of now I know the Ts&Cs ;)
firlandsfarm

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:06 pm
Anyone here use btinternet.com ?
I only have access to 2 of my 8 email accounts, might be worth checking yours if you have multiples
Chat bot is looking into it now.

Anyone else have issues?
BT used to be the best, I've never been let down by their broadband and am happy to pay a little extra compared to say Talk Talk! But in the last few months I've noticed that Outlook is sometimes logged on but doesn't see new emails then suddenly downloads them. I've not changed any of my outlook settings and if I go to BT.com I can see, read and reply to the delayed emails ... no idea why this happens.
firlandsfarm

ShaunWhite wrote:
I channel all email accounts into Outlook from Office365 so Outlook logs into them whenever opened and you never fall foul of the 90 day rule. But 90 days is a bit short i think Hotmail is 180.
firlandsfarm

to75ne wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:52 pm
I use a personal domain (it costs less than £1pm) then set the domain for the email to receive any and all emails addressed to that domain rather than have individual inboxes so you can use any email address you want at @[yourdomain].[whatever]. I then use the front half of the address as whoever I am mailing ... i.e. to send an email here I would use [email protected] and Outlook can filter the reply to whichever inbox I want. Other advantages are that I easily see which addresses I have blocked or filter Outlook to channel any email from a particular address to a Junk inbox. And if I get mail sent to one of my addresses not from the intended sender I can ask why they allowed my email address to be misused by spammers (assuming I haven't been hacked!).
Naffman

Wonder how much PC Betfair wasted on Rio Ferdinands boxing journey...

What a farce but who wouldn't have wanted to see Rio win a UD over a 400lb Romanian journeyman :)
ShaunWhite

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 12:03 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
I channel all email accounts into Outlook from Office365 so Outlook logs into them whenever opened and you never fall foul of the 90 day rule. But 90 days is a bit short i think Hotmail is 180.
Good idea.

BT 'level 2' support called me. And went through this 6 times...

Them: What email address is faulty?
Me: xxxxxxx@xxxxx
Them: That account was deleted on April 18th.
Me: Yes I know, can you reinstate it please, I was told you can.
Them : No. What you were told was wrong.
Me : Can I set the same address up again.
Them : No
Me : OK let's try the next one.
(repeat)

Me : Why do they all have the same deleted date if 90 days is the trigger?
Them : I don't know, can I help with anything else.
Me : No.

:evil:
Dave Angel

Keep getting a (not responding) error using google chrome, Betdaq's main site is the worst for triggering it! :x
Does anyone know what causes it?, fed up going round in circles , cache ,cookies, ram, internet signal, hub placement, internet busy times,CPU memory!!!

Return to “General discussion”