RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

Nevermind, things could be worse.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LeTiss

Correct, things could be worse........on June 9th Diane Abbott might be Home Secretary
:lol:
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 3:19 pm
Correct, things could be worse........on June 9th Diane Abbott might be Home Secretary
:lol:
:lol: There'll be no winners.

I see Mrs May has been mingling with the public....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anna List

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 1:24 pm
Anna List wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 10:31 am
Jeff Banks as in Jeff Banks CBE and fashion designer? Well, we are honoured indeed

What really grates on my wires is when people put apostrophes in words where apostrophes don't belong. Our local dry cleaners now has a sign which reads "Open Saturday's". Of course, someone will point out several grammatical errors in this post, but hey ho, there we go.

Oh, and then there's Scottish Power. What a lamentable company. Don't go there. Just don't. In fact, don't even think about going there.

Anna

Lol. You should see my grammar!

no Jeff Banks the bookmaker. Just sounded like him.
I'm (with an apostrophe) just so confused now - even without an apostrophe, I am confused.

Jeff Banks, the bookmaker and son of John Banks, the legendary bookmaker, is spelt GEOFF Banks, NOT JEFF Banks.

That's why I though the reference was to the legendary designer (Jeff Banks), not to the (not-yet-legendary) Geoff Banks.

These things are sent to confuse, I feel.

Also, there's Robin Banks for which you may end up in gaol, or jail, if you prefer.

I so like seques, don't you?
RentonT

There is a big difference between;

Helping your Uncle Jack, off a horse.

...and...

Helping your Uncle, jack off a horse.
Anna List

RentonT wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 4:36 pm
There is a big difference between;

Helping your Uncle Jack, off a horse.

...and...

Helping your Uncle, jack off a horse.
And on that note, there's a difference between riding into town and shooting up the sheriff and, well, riding into town and shooting up the sheriff.
jimibt

some cunning stunts going on here with the linguistics...
Anna List

jimibt wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 5:37 pm
some cunning stunts going on here with the linguistics...
For a moment there, I thought that you were going to go down the cunning linguists route.

Tien.
SeaHorseRacing

That was really funny guys. :lol:
megarain

Cant get premium charge from Master Account site.

They gonna take it tomorrow .. is it working for anyone else ?

expletive expletive expletive
SeaHorseRacing

Sick of this shit!

Its friday night and I have decided to spend it working on tomorrows card at newmarket. Yet we still have to deal with this bollocks

This is racingposts result for a race I am in the middle of gathering speed stats.
ice_screenshot_20170505-202627.png
So according to the racing post the distance was 1m3f99yds which is exactly 2519 yards.

But according to the bha the rail has been moved and I need to add another 20 yards.
ice_screenshot_20170505-202942.png
Yet according to the bha the race distance is 1m3f and ABOUT 135 yards.
Yet racing posts old standard time is 145 seconds for the race but now all of a sudden its 144 seconds for standard.

So what the feck is it? and who the feck is right?

Fed up with the racing, they expect racing to get better but we cant even know exactly what a race distance is. This is for a big race at newmarket tomorrow.

Livid. wasted hours working on one race and cant get 100% data for all runners so no bet!
SeaHorseRacing

Sorted it thanks to a mate...

Of all people to get there stats wrong it was the BHA.

You know what they re changed the race distances because of a mess they never recognised or dealt with and yet there data is still wrong!!
They are still stating changes on race cards yet are still advertising the wrong race distance!!!!

Unbelievable. Anyone who uses there website use with care because it would appear that adding 20 yards is also wrong!
jimibt

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Sorted it thanks to a mate...

Of all people to get there stats wrong it was the BHA.

You know what they re changed the race distances because of a mess they never recognised or dealt with and yet there data is still wrong!!
They are still stating changes on race cards yet are still advertising the wrong race distance!!!!

Unbelievable. Anyone who uses there website use with care because it would appear that adding 20 yards is also wrong!
thanks... this is one of those scenarios that most would be unaware of.
Euler

Thought fill rate was terrible today, hoping for better tomorrow.

Return to “General discussion”