RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

It irritates me when somebody makes me a coffee, I ask for a strong one, and all I get is a medium strength cup with less milk!!!

If I wanted a dark coffee I would have said so!
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:22 pm
It irritates me when somebody makes me a coffee, I ask for a strong one, and all I get is a medium strength cup with less milk!!!

If I wanted a dark coffee I would have said so!
i hear you - Free Strong but Milky... - lol maybe we should all have our own mugs with QR codes on the side that gives the exact instructions! (hmm -nice idea!!)
weemac

Someone asked me recently in their kitchen if I'd like a tea or coffee.

"Mmmhhh, I just love coffee thanks"......(cupboard door opens and hand reaches for a jar of instant coffee)......"but today I think I'll have a tea thanks."

How can anyone call that stuff 'coffee''?
jimibt

agreed - apart from the flavour, the ceremony of *buliding* a nice coffee with your Moka pot is (what used to) start the day off nicely!!

always a real bummer mind you when workmen turn up after you've made you *daily allowance* and they can smell it- do you offer an instant, or forego your hard earned labour!! :D
trader44

i am the same with hot chocolate it has to be stirred round with a bit of milk first ( my cafe friend showed me) and when i see people not doing it i almost blurt out, you need to stir that first :D
mobius

Coffee puleeease! Black as a Witches Heart, Sweet as a Maidens Kiss.
What a way to start the day(Tooo musch leeeeads to typin' mistooks tho').
;) :)
bennyboy351

'sallright for you lot!

If I drink a cup of coffee - never mind strong - the Caffeine puts my heart into re-heat and I get really bad palpitations!

Tea can do the same!

Oh I hate being a wussie!........ :oops:
invisiblelayer

Being offered instant coffee or being offered crap pissy tea like Tetleys, not sure which is worse to be honest. Most shops sell Yorkshire tea and Illy espresso tins now don't they?
Derek27

weemac wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:32 pm
Someone asked me recently in their kitchen if I'd like a tea or coffee.

"Mmmhhh, I just love coffee thanks"......(cupboard door opens and hand reaches for a jar of instant coffee)......"but today I think I'll have a tea thanks."

How can anyone call that stuff 'coffee''?
Try Nescafa Alta Rica. Anything that satisfies a ranter like me can't be bad. :)
Derek27

invisiblelayer wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:43 pm
Being offered instant coffee or being offered crap pissy tea like Tetleys, not sure which is worse to be honest. Most shops sell Yorkshire tea and Illy espresso tins now don't they?
I sometimes visit a guy who can only offer really piss-awful cheap instant coffee. I just take some cans of beer with me and offer him one. :D
stueytrader

Anyone worked out yet how coffee affects trading - good or bad?

Edit: to make this more a 'rant' I think I have sometimes hated the over hyped feeling it gives me and temptations to go rather tilted!
JTEDL

strong coffee essential when trading!
Kafkaesque

stueytrader wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:06 pm
Anyone worked out yet how coffee affects trading - good or bad?

Edit: to make this more a 'rant' I think I have sometimes hated the over hyped feeling it gives me and temptations to go rather tilted!
The positive effects of caffeine on decision making in the short term are pretty well-documented. The downside is that it still is a drug, albeit a very minor one, producing dopamine amongst other things. I remember seeing studies on the negative effect of caffeine and other perfomance enhancing drugs in relation to reckless gambling in poker, because of the dopamine factor. I do not know whether the studies were later verified or debunked.

In terms of common sense, it did seem logical. You've started, the first part of the day with three cups of coffe, and you're sat there with a brain of chemically-induced dopamine. The effects wear off the coffee, dopamine with it, and you've got a perfect substitute for the dopamine, your brain no longer has, right in front of you on the screen...
stueytrader

Yep, I do agree that it can help with sharpness of thinking as your post suggests. The second issue, about the 'dip', also seems to tally with possible sensation seeking/risky trading.
Derek27

I've heard chocolate, in moderate doses, has a positive effect on the brain regarding thinking and concentration.

Return to “General discussion”