RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

Had to buy a new mouse.
Plastic mouse in a plastic tray with a plastic lid in a plastic bag, with each piece of doco in seperate plastic bags, in a cardboard box .......coated in a plastic finish that makes it unrecycleable. All in a bigger box full of plastic bubble wrap. Great. :cry:
Derek27

You really need bubble wrap to protect a mouse from getting damaged in transport. ;)
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:14 pm
You really need bubble wrap to protect a mouse from getting damaged in transport. ;)
Or recycled cardboard flakes. I'm sure they'd started making those box inners out of cardboard, like papier mache.
spreadbetting

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:52 pm
Had to buy a new mouse.
Plastic mouse in a plastic tray with a plastic lid in a plastic bag, with each piece of doco in seperate plastic bags, in a cardboard box .......coated in a plastic finish that makes it unrecycleable. All in a bigger box full of plastic bubble wrap. Great. :cry:
I find myself getting hacked off at the amount of packaging used these days too. Probably because I'm the one in all day dumping things in the recycling bins but it drives me nuts considering so much is simply not even needed. My daughter has decided to use brown packaging paper for all her presents this year ever since seeing that most wrapping paper is plastic coated and can't be recycled, so at least the younger generation seems to have a conscience we never had at their age.
jimibt

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:48 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:52 pm
Had to buy a new mouse.
I find myself getting hacked off at the amount of packaging used these days too. Probably because I'm the one in all day dumping things in the recycling bins but it drives me nuts considering so much is simply not even needed. My daughter has decided to use brown packaging paper for all her presents this year ever since seeing that most wrapping paper is plastic coated and can't be recycled, so at least the younger generation seems to have a conscience we never had at their age.
as long as there's no plastic coating involved, i use all the cardboard and wrappings in our wood burning stoves. i even got a compator a few years back which i sadly [cough], no longer use. but faced as a pure recycling job, it's a total farce!
Derek27

Didn't even last a week with Betway, they've already restricted me. :lol:
ruthlessimon

When you buy a Tacx Neo - then refuse to buy a £5 chain whip (because you think you have one; waste of £5).. then find out you don't...

Fakin' prospect theory is so accurate..... hate it!!!
Derek27

Horse racing off, Betfair down, pissing down with rain outside with a gale blowing, another storm following immediately after this one, followed by a return to cold weather. :evil:
Euler

But other than that.....
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:33 pm
Horse racing off, Betfair down, pissing down with rain outside with a gale blowing, another storm following immediately after this one, followed by a return to cold weather. :evil:
You should get yourself on a last minute holiday site. I'm not sure when else you'll get time to have a couple of weeks in the sun.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:06 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:33 pm
You should get yourself on a last minute holiday site. I'm not sure when else you'll get time to have a couple of weeks in the sun.
I've only just got out of my death bed ‒ bit soon to be jetting off around the world. :lol:
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:09 pm
I've only just got out of my death bed ‒ bit soon to be jetting off around the world. :lol:
Fair enough, but mind you don't end up in your death bed again because you never take a break. (jeez I just realised how much that sounded like my mother :roll: )... You do whatever you want Derek. I'll stop mothering you :)
eightbo

Two greyhound markets which have stung me greatly recently.

05/02/19
Kinsley 12:11 suspended 8s early 12:10:52

18/02/19
Doncaster 20:21 suspended 15s early @ 20:20:45

Finding it really hard to accept responsibility for these, just want to blame betfair or the courses for starting early but ultimately I know it's up to me to account for early starts, just feels like so much opportunity is lost by giving up the final 20s to post just for it to happen once every few thousand markets. Beware if you're ever in that neck of the woods.
Naffman

Don't they suspend in the UK before they even enter the traps? I remember in Aus (they might do it differently now) but BF used to suspend when the last one went in
BetScalper

eightbo wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:28 pm
Two greyhound markets which have stung me greatly recently.

05/02/19
Kinsley 12:11 suspended 8s early 12:10:52

18/02/19
Doncaster 20:21 suspended 15s early @ 20:20:45

Finding it really hard to accept responsibility for these, just want to blame betfair or the courses for starting early but ultimately I know it's up to me to account for early starts, just feels like so much opportunity is lost by giving up the final 20s to post just for it to happen once every few thousand markets. Beware if you're ever in that neck of the woods.
This has been discussed many times before on the greyhounds threads.

Races can go off early/late. When i visited Swindon, sometimes they went off 30 seconds before the scheduled start. I used to think it was some sort of conspiracy between the on-course bookies and the track officials etc. Some tracks are worse than others especially during morning or afternoon racing. You don't tend to see it much on big evening racing, they usually go off on the nail.

Return to “General discussion”