RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
jamesg46

Can someone help me out with this, firstly I have not had a problem until today, I've recorded 2 screens for some time with no issue. This morning for some reason I just had a black screen and now i've sorted that, the source "Laptop" ia recording both screens and it's pi**ing me off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesg46

Nm, I got it.... I was caught in the illusion of the screen looping (I Think), Either way it works now and i'm no longer pi**ed/
firlandsfarm

spreadbetting wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:09 pm
Any recommendations? I'd backed mine up ages ago …
For a moment I thought you were referring to Derek's cat and it's bum!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr Ginhog

As were all part of the one family we should laugh at ourselves sometimes.I certainly do.
Thanks John Boy,Thanks Jason,Thanks Mary Ellen,Thanks Ben,Thanks Olivia,Thanks Erin & of course my favourite Jim-Bob.
Derek27

I often switch on the news ten minutes early and don't pay much attention to what's on before, it's usually Pointless (didn't realise the pun until I typed :) ), but the show just finished on ITV, The Masked Singer US, made me feel physically sick!!! What flipping mentality does it take to watch, or even worse appear in the audience?
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:49 pm
I often switch on the news
Sports news annoys me. You want to watch things later and they start everything with "{name} won the XYZ today"
F1 is the worst. They never even say "Today at the XYZ Grand Prix...." so you have time to grab the mute button.

What happened to 'if you don't want to know the results ...." TV news you get some clue it's going to happen but Radio news just splurts it out.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:12 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sports news annoys me. You want to watch things later and they start everything with "{name} won the XYZ today"
F1 is the worst. They never even say "Today at the XYZ Grand Prix...." so you have time to grab the mute button.

What happened to 'if you don't want to know the results ...." TV news you get some clue it's going to happen but Radio news just splurts it out.
There's just too much sport on and too many live streams/results that they assume if you're interested, you already know. They only advise you to leave the room if the highlights are being shown on their own channel.

Personally, I'd feel like the biggest idiot in the world watching a sporting event and not knowing the result when the rest of the world does!
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
What flipping mentality does it take to watch, or even worse appear in the audience?
You can only assume these people have already read all the classics and consumed all of high culture and don't have much else to do. It would be truely bizzare to go to the filming of that if you still hadn't got through the Ring Cycle or read Ulysses. They all seem happy enough though, simple pleasures for the blissfully ignorant.
LinusP

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:12 pm
Derek27 wrote:

With you on that, I have to stay completely off the internet and radio when the F1 is on so I can watch the channel 4 highlights.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:16 pm
Personally, I'd feel like the biggest idiot in the world watching a sporting event and not knowing the result when the rest of the world does!
I dont' like watching something if I know the result, without the "will they/won't they" tension it's just not the same.
ShaunWhite

LinusP wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:17 pm
With you on that, I have to stay completely off the internet and radio when the F1 is on so I can watch the channel 4 highlights.
yeah radio is the worst because it sneaks up on you. You get busy doing something, lil bit of background music on, get distracted, then boom. What you've been looking fwd to is ruined.

tbh these days the only interest is in who comes 2nd so I try not to get too upset when I hear "Lew......." before putting my fingers in my ears and going "la la la la la "... again !!!!!
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:22 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:16 pm
I dont' like watching something if I know the result, without the "will they/won't they" tension it's just not the same.
I suppose I'm too used to reviewing racing videos and making notes back in my betting days. If I didn't know the result I'd find out first so I know what to look for. Reviewing and re-reviewing a 20-runner handicap with an interest in 6-8 horses was more of a chore than a pleasure. :)
Trader Pat

I record the NFL games that I'm interested in watching and the golf if I'm not trading it just so I can fast forward through the adverts, very annoying when theres an ad break every 5 minutes.

In the case of golf there really should be a red button option to watch any group you want. They wouldn't lose out on advertising revenue because they could show ads when the group you're watching are between shots.
Derek27

I remember the days when we had just 3 channels and commercial breaks were less than 2 minutes. Nowadays I fast-forward 5 minutes and it's still sometimes not enough.
weemac

I watched my first ever major Major League match the other night and the commentary was along the lines of......."Smith's passing today has been as silky smooth as the ice cream at Daisy's Yoghurt Outlet where you can buy one, get one free until next Friday."

I just gaped at my TV in astonishment.

Return to “General discussion”