RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
CallumPerry

But you remembered the product so from an advertising point of view, they've nailed it ;) Completely agree though.
ShaunWhite

CallumPerry wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:28 am
But you remembered the product so from an advertising point of view, they've nailed it ;) Completely agree though.
27 out of 38 people agreed with that statement.

"Inspired by dentists" is the latest one to make me grind my teeth, which means I then need the product. Clever stuff this advertising.
Incidentally...dentists...where the hell are all these coffee coloured honeys from the ads working!? Round our way it's a shakey old bird who smells like a pub carpet.

mmm "Lambrusco" ....inspired by dentists.
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

CallumPerry wrote:
I've never forgotten an infuriating Aquafresh 3 advert of a cartoon of mummy, daddy and child all brushing their teeth and singing. But that's a problem from an advertising point of view - as long as I don't forget the ad I would never buy that toothpaste.
CallumPerry

Shaun I swear we go to the same dentist :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luVtgX4S3y4

As a trader Derek let's test how compliant you are to an instruction. Don't click the above link!! What a tune 8-) I remember the modern one with three little animated cartoons with the same melody in the background, they were so annoying!
Kafkaesque

CallumPerry wrote:
I cannot speak to how it affects people unable to understand how stupid the sentence is from a math perspective, but I only remember it with such a negative connotation that my memory is always don't pick the brands from those c***s off the shelves. So no, they haven't ;)
Derek27

:lol: I'm surprised anyone remembers that. :lol:
Derek27

Kafkaesque wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:09 am
"with a 1 in 4 chance of winning, you won't need luck."
Non-gamblers see things from a very different perspective to gamblers. By 'luck' they mean the luck required to win the national lottery - or perhaps it's assumed you'll be getting a dozen scratch cards.

Reminds me of those dart games you'd get at fairgrounds where 90% of the board is a prize-winning target. You buy a ticket on the basis that it's dead easy to win, and then realize the prize you've won isn't even worth the ticket price. :lol:
Derek27

northbound wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:05 pm
Kafkaesque wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:53 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:00 am
I was just getting ready to start US trading when my neighbour lost all power due to what I think is a faulty meter, so I had to entertain her for two hours...
.........Hidden brag...................

I just got some, and I lasted two hours :lol: ;)

....................But I would still rather trade :roll:
Or maybe...

I just got some, then I had to listen to her talking for two hours.

No wonder I would still rather trade :D
I didn't get some tonight; just tried to help her (unsuccessfully) with her gas boiler, but this time I really did have to listen to her talk for about two hours. :lol:

I've no problem giving my time to help somebody or meet them for a drink and a chat - with a bit of notice!

It just bugs me that if somebody disturbs you late at night, you could be trading some crap US meeting or you could be trading Randwick; or in the afternoon it could be an AW at Lingfield or a day at the Cheltenham festival. They wouldn't understand the difference and most people wouldn't fully understand even if you tried to explain to them.
Derek27

Just checking if there are any arbing opportunities when I saw this. Demonstrates how sad they think their customers are. :evil:
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kafkaesque

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:31 pm
Just checking if there are any arbing opportunities when I saw this. Demonstrates how sad they think their customers are. :evil:
Capture.PNG
Unfortunately, I suspect it shows how their customers actually are; not what Betway thinks.

And continuing on my commercial rant. How in the whole world of foods is this a thing at a major fastfood chain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3OW8DJTY6o

Arh, these Americans :roll: But that looks positively nasty as a mix. It's only missing that Scottish (???) speciality of a deep-fried Mars bar included as dessert.
ShaunWhite

Had to buy a new mouse.
Plastic mouse in a plastic tray with a plastic lid in a plastic bag, with each piece of doco in seperate plastic bags, in a cardboard box .......coated in a plastic finish that makes it unrecycleable. All in a bigger box full of plastic bubble wrap. Great. :cry:
Derek27

You really need bubble wrap to protect a mouse from getting damaged in transport. ;)
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:14 pm
You really need bubble wrap to protect a mouse from getting damaged in transport. ;)
Or recycled cardboard flakes. I'm sure they'd started making those box inners out of cardboard, like papier mache.
spreadbetting

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:52 pm
Had to buy a new mouse.
Plastic mouse in a plastic tray with a plastic lid in a plastic bag, with each piece of doco in seperate plastic bags, in a cardboard box .......coated in a plastic finish that makes it unrecycleable. All in a bigger box full of plastic bubble wrap. Great. :cry:
I find myself getting hacked off at the amount of packaging used these days too. Probably because I'm the one in all day dumping things in the recycling bins but it drives me nuts considering so much is simply not even needed. My daughter has decided to use brown packaging paper for all her presents this year ever since seeing that most wrapping paper is plastic coated and can't be recycled, so at least the younger generation seems to have a conscience we never had at their age.
jimibt

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:48 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:52 pm
Had to buy a new mouse.
I find myself getting hacked off at the amount of packaging used these days too. Probably because I'm the one in all day dumping things in the recycling bins but it drives me nuts considering so much is simply not even needed. My daughter has decided to use brown packaging paper for all her presents this year ever since seeing that most wrapping paper is plastic coated and can't be recycled, so at least the younger generation seems to have a conscience we never had at their age.
as long as there's no plastic coating involved, i use all the cardboard and wrappings in our wood burning stoves. i even got a compator a few years back which i sadly [cough], no longer use. but faced as a pure recycling job, it's a total farce!

Return to “General discussion”