RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
SeaHorseRacing

New house I’m moving into has no TV aerial and was suppose to be installed the day I move in and they have pushed it back. So have to go out to watch it.
bennyboy351

Wot, no 4G? :-)
SeaHorseRacing

bennyboy351 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:02 am
Not worth the risk in trading with it. Spose I could hotspot my tv to my phone lol.
BetScalper

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:51 am
bennyboy351 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:02 am
Not worth the risk in trading with it. Spose I could hotspot my tv to my phone lol.
You haven't got a pub with WiFi access ?
SeaHorseRacing

Somehow can’t see myself wearing my England Shirt in the local welsh valley pub :lol:
ShaunWhite

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:13 pm
Somehow can’t see myself wearing my England Shirt in the local welsh valley pub :lol:
It's not like you to be a shy nationalist shr ;) Do the Welch even have a football team?

Seems we're expected to support the Welch, Scots and Irish but it's quite ok for them to despise us. Take Murrey, a scotsman, if he was English they'd want him to lose, but for some reason, we're expected to be happy if he wins.
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:03 pm
SeaHorseRacing wrote:
It's not like you to be a shy nationalist shr ;) Do the Welch even have a football team?

Seems we're expected to support the Welch, Scots and Irish but it's quite ok for them to despise us. Take Murrey, a scotsman, if he was English they'd want him to lose, but for some reason, we're expected to be happy if he wins.
FREE Rob Roy MacGregor - lol
welshboy06

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Depends which pub. We may surprise you! A few of us are actually happy that one of the home nations is in the competition.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:03 pm
I remember one of my teachers who happened to be Scottish complaining that Olympic swimmers or athletes, according to the commentators, are either representing England or Britain, but never Scotland.
SeaHorseRacing

Personally for me it makes no difference whether it’s England, Uk or GB. It just so happens we have individual FAs in Football. But having said that don’t think I would like England to become a GB team now. Or shall I say all uk teams becom one ;)

Without disrespecting a nation can’t think of one Scottish player who’d get in the England teams. I do wish Wales were at the Wold Cup as I do like to support them!

See, honestly not doing this on purpose. I can’t think of any Scottish player who could get in the GB team.
jimibt

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:42 pm
Personally for me it makes no difference whether it’s England, Uk or GB. It just so happens we have individual FAs in Football. But having said that don’t think I would like England to become a GB team now. Or shall I say all uk teams becom one ;)

Without disrespecting a nation can’t think of one Scottish player who’d get in the England teams. I do wish Wales were at the Wold Cup as I do like to support them!

See, honestly not doing this on purpose. I can’t think of any Scottish player who could get in the GB team.
Archie Gemmill - oap team?? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1axsnMRbbo
SeaHorseRacing

Scotland used to produce so many good players... this is a genuine question... what’s happened?
madgoose1

class a drug use by youngsters from eighties on
ShaunWhite

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:22 pm
Scotland used to produce so many good players... this is a genuine question... what’s happened?
Everyone else got better. They've no serious national development programs and won't do while they're basically a league with two teams.

A lot of the 'greats' that we look at with rose tinted glasses would struggle to get a premiership place now.
madgoose1

Why would you try and compare a scottish leauge player from the 60/70/80 s and his chances of playing in the english premier leauge in 2018 ? The english premier leauge is made up of 69.2% foreign players ,therefore a CURRENT English player can hardly get a game in his own leauge as most are not good enough.

Return to “General discussion”