RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

I'm getting sick of the number of people who come out of supermarkets and are too flipping lazy to drop their face mask in the bin, but leave it in the trolley. Then, nobody wants to use that trolley because it means removing a Covid-19 contaminated face mask so they just push it aside, along with another half-dozen orphan trolleys littering the entrance!

I got past the bag lady today, I brought my own bag, but she should be standing outside sorting out these lazy gits.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:30 pm
I'm getting sick of the number of people who come out of supermarkets and are too flipping lazy to drop their face mask in the bin, but leave it in the trolley. Then, nobody wants to use that trolley because it means removing a Covid-19 contaminated face mask so they just push it aside, along with another half-dozen orphan trolleys littering the entrance!

I got past the bag lady today, I brought my own bag, but she should be standing outside sorting out these lazy gits.
Its nice not to have that problem here in Stoke. The first time I went to the shop when it was suggested that masks should be worn, i was the only person in the shop without a mask and I could feel the eyes of others burning in my conciousness, but I go the shop now and its the complete reverse, there is usually 1 or 2 people wearing a mask and i I've seen people sniggering at them... like they were anti mask all along.

There are some some shops, like our local chip shop that put signs up asking for customers to wear masks, which is understandable, you have to wait 4 hours in a narrow line, double qued but other than that, nobody gives a flying fu*k around here.
darchas

Funny the difference from area to area, and probably says something to how we want to fit into the group or some other sociological theory that's beyond me - but I live not a lot further north and the non-mask wearers are probably outnumbered something like 10-1.
Derek27

In Norfolk, wearers outnumber non-wearers by about 500 to 1. I've only seen two people in a shop not wearing a mask, not that I've been paying much attention.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:59 pm
In Norfolk, wearers outnumber non-wearers by about 500 to 1. I've only seen two people in a shop not wearing a mask, not that I've been paying much attention.
I used to live in Waton, it was a beautiful place to live.
Naffman

I agree Derek its just so rude, really pisses me off!

Talking about being unhygienic though someone last year thought it'd be a laugh to put needles on petrol nozzles :roll:
Derek27

Have you seen today's Bing wallpaper? A picture of pencils! :?
Derek27

I've just dug up a few inches of turf in a little circle to make a flower bed. Filled a bag with the turf. Instead of having a hollow in the lawn, as one would expect, I've got a flipping mountain of soil! Where did it come from?

Anyone would think I've buried the cat. :lol:
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:15 pm
I've just dug up a few inches of turf in a little circle to make a flower bed. Filled a bag with the turf. Instead of having a hollow in the lawn, as one would expect, I've got a flipping mountain of soil! Where did it come from?

btw -anyone seen shaun lately?? ;)
firlandsfarm

jimibt wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:27 pm
Derek27 wrote:

maybe that's why Derek has a mountain of soil in his lawn!!
ShaunWhite

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:49 pm
jimibt wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:27 pm
Derek27 wrote:

maybe that's why Derek has a mountain of soil in his lawn!!
:D Call off the sniffer dogs, take down the incident tape.

Sounds like Derek needs to dig a hole to put that pile of soil in. Or use it as the start of a decent compost heap. Sheep doings is good, horse muck is even better, maybe cat business could be the new horticultural miracle ingredient :?
Derek27

Terrible nightmare last night. I tried to close for a £5 loss but the market kept running away from me. Ended up losing £250. I was later being eaten alive by hyenas!
gazuty

When one prepares a rant post about how one has been banned by various bookies and then one of the bookies one is not banned from merges with a bookie one is banned from and one has the grand total of $150 locked in the account and then one goes to press submit one loses the post.
Derek27

Burger King keeps sending me vouchers when none of their flipping restaurants near me are open. :x
darchas

I can't help but feel that the amount of pubs closing is a significant loss to our culture. I remember not too many years ago, me and a mate had a project to drink in every pub in our area, in a decent sized northern town and surrounding area we easily smashed 150 pubs before it started to get hard work with travelling and what not. Now, i don't know what % of those pubs are still open but it's a pretty low amount.

There's something about community, something about spaces just to go and chat, something about a shared experience, that's disappearing. I don't know. I think of religion sometimes, I'm not a religious person, but there's something about having a common language, a grammar, a way to frame experience that's understood, doesn't matter what it is, it's just a way to speak about things, a way in.

Anyway, just rambling really with some half-formed thoughts.

Return to “General discussion”