RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
jimibt

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:42 pm
Personally for me it makes no difference whether it’s England, Uk or GB. It just so happens we have individual FAs in Football. But having said that don’t think I would like England to become a GB team now. Or shall I say all uk teams becom one ;)

Without disrespecting a nation can’t think of one Scottish player who’d get in the England teams. I do wish Wales were at the Wold Cup as I do like to support them!

See, honestly not doing this on purpose. I can’t think of any Scottish player who could get in the GB team.
Archie Gemmill - oap team?? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1axsnMRbbo
SeaHorseRacing

Scotland used to produce so many good players... this is a genuine question... what’s happened?
madgoose1

class a drug use by youngsters from eighties on
ShaunWhite

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:22 pm
Scotland used to produce so many good players... this is a genuine question... what’s happened?
Everyone else got better. They've no serious national development programs and won't do while they're basically a league with two teams.

A lot of the 'greats' that we look at with rose tinted glasses would struggle to get a premiership place now.
madgoose1

Why would you try and compare a scottish leauge player from the 60/70/80 s and his chances of playing in the english premier leauge in 2018 ? The english premier leauge is made up of 69.2% foreign players ,therefore a CURRENT English player can hardly get a game in his own leauge as most are not good enough.
ShaunWhite

madgoose1 wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:47 am
The english premier leauge is made up of 69.2% foreign players ,therefore a CURRENT English player can hardly get a game in his own leauge as most are not good enough.
Globalisation is putting paid to the delusion that we are somehow inherently better than the rest of the world. It's quite funny how people want to challenge the whole concept of free market economics just because we're struggling to keep up.

I don't think a quota system would do the game any good, it would just lower standards if all you needed to get a game was to be born within earshot of the town hall clock.
Derek27

Half-an-hour before the first at Randwick, just getting ready to start trading and the flipping cat was sick all over the place. :evil:
ShaunWhite

Someone near us has got a lion !

They're a family that own a scrap yard and they've started a 'private zoo'. I don't trust them with safety or welfare tbh, they've always been wronguns. I was ok with the zebras and donkeys but a lion ffs! The dog won't go for a walk down that lane now and I don't blame it, shame though because it's nice.

It's about 1/2 mile away but at daybreak you can hear it roaring and it's really unnerving. It's doing it now, it's a really deep rumbling sound. I'm sure it's getting closer ! :?

I keep thinking of the Stanley Holloway monologue about The Lion and Albert (1932), a nice modern reference there for the youngsters.

https://youtu.be/Putw3by4-e8?t=42s
Cards37

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:29 am
Half-an-hour before the first at Randwick, just getting ready to start trading and the flipping cat was sick all over the place. :evil:
Could have been worse ... could have been two minutes before with open positions on :)
mobius

Shaun/Derek be careful with cats
Lions eat 'rhino poachers' on South African game reserve Date 5 Jul 2018
"We're not sure how many there were - there's not much left of them."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-44728507
Just have to check the catsick an' count the bodyparts :evil:
macawboy

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:39 am
Someone near us has got a lion !

They're a family that own a scrap yard and they've started a 'private zoo'. I don't trust them with safety or welfare tbh, they've always been wronguns. I was ok with the zebras and donkeys but a lion ffs! The dog won't go for a walk down that lane now and I don't blame it, shame though because it's nice.

It's about 1/2 mile away but at daybreak you can hear it roaring and it's really unnerving. It's doing it now, it's a really deep rumbling sound. I'm sure it's getting closer ! :?

I keep thinking of the Stanley Holloway monologue about The Lion and Albert (1932), a nice modern reference there for the youngsters.

Thing is Shaun, some councils give out a Dangerous Wild Animal licence willy-nilly without much thought of the consequences.
You live anywhere near Horncastle?
ShaunWhite

Near horncastle? Err I do actually.
I know I've mentioned Lincolnshire before but didn't think I'd been that precise.

How come you know horncastle? All I hope now is that you're not one of the owners and lining me up for a pasting for being cheeky. :)
Derek27

No, it's the cat that will give you a pasting. :lol:
Jukebox

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:39 am

LOL I do hope you have your dog insured
SeaHorseRacing

There’s only two places for lions! In the wild or in the World Cup Final on Sunday!!

Return to “General discussion”