General discussion : RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Post Reply
Archery1969
Posts: 716
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:25 am

Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:52 pm

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:31 pm
greenmark wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:16 pm
Astonishing. Those guys jumped into planes to protect democracy knowing they weren't likely to come back.
Now we're putting the name of ONE of those individual's pets forward as a news story?
FFS
I have full respect for their bravery. Nonetheless, I think the RSPCA or equivalent of the time should have investigated men allowing a dog to drink beer, especially if he was drunk when he got run over. ;)
My Grandad use to give his dog half a stout each day back in the 1950's, living until it was 16 years old. The dog not me Grandad. :)

greenmark
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:15 pm

Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:55 pm

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:31 pm
greenmark wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:16 pm
Astonishing. Those guys jumped into planes to protect democracy knowing they weren't likely to come back.
Now we're putting the name of ONE of those individual's pets forward as a news story?
FFS
I have full respect for their bravery. Nonetheless, I think the RSPCA or equivalent of the time should have investigated men allowing a dog to drink beer, especially if he was drunk when he got run over. ;)
OK Derek. I see you as usual trying to disperse tension with humour. I'll go with that :-).
Just to say though, my grandad lost his life March 1944. I wouldn't give a hoot what he called his dog.

Trader Pat
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:50 pm

Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:43 pm

Not really a rant but a slight bug bear of mine...

People who 6 months ago were asking for trading advice & were new to trading now calling themselves 'Professional Traders' on Twitter and dishing out trading advice as if they were Peter Webb :D

User avatar
ShaunWhite
Posts: 5969
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:42 am

Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:32 pm

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:43 pm
Not really a rant but a slight bug bear of mine...

People who 6 months ago were asking for trading advice & were new to trading now calling themselves 'Professional Traders' on Twitter and dishing out trading advice as if they were Peter Webb :D
Who's that then? I don't have Twitter or any other social meja.

User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 7931
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:36 pm

I hope it's not Luke. :o

Trader Pat
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:50 pm

Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:38 pm

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:32 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:43 pm
Not really a rant but a slight bug bear of mine...

People who 6 months ago were asking for trading advice & were new to trading now calling themselves 'Professional Traders' on Twitter and dishing out trading advice as if they were Peter Webb :D
Who's that then? I don't have Twitter or any other social meja.
Would be a little cruel to say :) Its more an observation than an outing.

I suppose these guys see how easy it is for others to call themselves a professional trader who make money by selling rubbish and then fancy a slice of the action!

firlandsfarm
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 8:20 am

Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:49 pm

A good con preys on the greed of it's marks!
Last edited by firlandsfarm on Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trader Pat
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:50 pm

Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:01 pm

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:49 pm
A good con prey's on the greed of it's marks!
Very very true

User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 7931
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:55 am

I cannot believe the stupidity of some people who sell on Amazon. I'm looking at a set of oven trays and they don't even tell you the size of the trays!

User avatar
ShaunWhite
Posts: 5969
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:42 am

Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:47 am

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:55 am
I'm looking at a set of oven trays and they don't even tell you the size of the trays!
There'll be more from The Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous after this message from our sponsors. ;)
..
Screenshot_19.png

That advert looks like it's the most dangerous appliance ever...mmm yeah I want water, gas and electricity all really close to each other :lol:

And how mind-bending would it be to open the oven and find a fridge when you get home late and drunk!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Reply

Return to “General discussion”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest