My Darkest and final day

A place to discuss anything.
JPK65

Trading is probably the most frustrating thing I have ever attempted to learn. I don’t think I could last 8 years.
megarain

I despair at these threads.

I have been at this 15 yrs .. and .. maybe 3-5 yrs ago, I would have been supportive.

I now feel this is wrong. Its better off, to be blunt.

You tried, you failed .. move on.
spreadbetting

megarain wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 6:54 pm

I have been at this 15 yrs .. and .. maybe 3-5 yrs ago, I would have been supportive.

I'd have to agree, don't waste you're time and money on it anymore, some people are just not suited to trading and to be honest I fail to see why it would even appeal to you at 20 years old. The simple fact you've managed to get a mortgage at your age says you're more than capable of earning a decent living , just capitalise on moving up that ladder.
Rstrach

to all the negativity and bluntness on here above me i have a passion for markets and sport hence my interest, i have tried and failed and am moving on. this thread has turned into people telling me how fat, old and how worse off they have been than me. I dont give a make love to be honest. I am my own person and wanted to share this to show people its not all glamour you can say what you want to me now i have thick skin. I may be this or i may be that but it hurt and im now over it. I'll move on to bigger and better in whatever i do and this is the first taste of failure i have had in my life. I have never worked as hard as something or had to as much as trading i was naturally good at coasting through things so i wont make that mistake again. I'm gonna take this 1k out and work on modelling a business in industrial cleaning offshore. F*&k it
to75ne

bye
spreadbetting

It's not negativity just common sense, focus on what you do best and don't listen to others telling you to "carry on, you'll get it in the end" etc etc.
3virgul14

I `ve been going through a bad beat run in my sports trading career in the last 2.5 months.

Prediction was to close the season early, buy a boat and spend the summer in the sea as much as possible , learning how to sail alone etc..

In reality, I lost about 60 grand in this period, blown all my trading capital and I dont even attemp to trade at the moment because it feels like I cant do it properly anymore.

You might ask that why the f*ck you were doing ? Well I never had a losing month in the last 5.5 years, always found a way to come on top etc..Experienced the most unexpected things, enjoyed records wins , suffered record losses, been there done almost everything.. Yet anything can happen in this game, margins are so thin and human kind is so vulnerable..Things change, so do we.. Panta Rhei..

Worst part of it , for me at least, is that after a while the trading game starts to own you. Its important to realize the changes in your mind and character and to be able to control the process, at least to some extend.

Good luck with your new life and be happy my friend!
SeaHorseRacing

Listen mate I havent said anything negative at all, What I gave was an analogy. Never suggested anything as the such that your too fat.

Lets be honest here. IMO someone at the age of 20 who has a mortgage is very unlikely to blow 8k trading the way you did.

I am not suggesting this is impossible but in order to get a mortgage at such an early age would require somebody with the life skills and someone tight as shit to not blow a bank like that.

Although I dont agree with everybody and most dont agree with me I think its fair to say you sound like a compulsive gambler. You know what a compulsive gambler does, they are usually compulsive liars.

Some of the advice here may be painful but alot of people have shown there sympathy and alot have give there opinions. The advice given is right imo from every comment above.

Some here have seen it all and I think they sussed it before most.

If you want to really make trading work, your have to make changes. Changes your not aware of.
If not and what you say is true, I have to agree at the age of twenty with a mortgage go out there and shag everything and invest your money. Your twenty.

You have made the first step already now its your choice on your next step. But the truth is what helps you.

A forum can be very blunt thats just the way there are but everyone has been helpful.
Yasmingrace

Hi Rstrach, I can empathise with you in some way as I have had and still do have Mental Health Issues. I think you should seek medical help, I did and it was a turning point for me. I have learnt to view things differently now in part thanks to counselling. I am older than yourself but I also know that Mental Health can affect people at any time of their lives. I'm not qualified to tell you about trading as I'm fairly new and still learning. I used to bet when there was Betting Tax so that is a problem I have to eradicate when I'm trading. I slip into gambling mode. Do not give up completely, take a break till your mindset is in a better place. Good luck and see a doctor, I wouldn't at first but it was the best thing I did. Everything in the garden is not rosy as the saying goes but it is a lot better than it was.
max_usted

megarain wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 6:54 pm

I think he's saying he started with a bank of £1k, went up to £10k through trading, but then lost it and has come back down to his original £1k - i.e. he hasn't lost anything but is back at scratch. To me that seems fine and actually not a bad start - not failure. To me, your first experience of disaster following chasing losses is part of the learning process and it's ok if you're back at scratch following it.
steven1976

If you have been doing it full time for 8-9k a year, then you may also question do you see potential to grow beyond that as that would be i presume less than minimum wage in the UK. If your doing it on the side as a bit of fun or to supplement work, then dont let it get you down and just jump back on after a break.
lsmiles

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 11:31 pm
Listen mate I havent said anything negative at all, What I gave was an analogy. Never suggested anything as the such that your too fat.

Lets be honest here. IMO someone at the age of 20 who has a mortgage is very unlikely to blow 8k trading the way you did.

I am not suggesting this is impossible but in order to get a mortgage at such an early age would require somebody with the life skills and someone tight as shit to not blow a bank like that.

Although I dont agree with everybody and most dont agree with me I think its fair to say you sound like a compulsive gambler. You know what a compulsive gambler does, they are usually compulsive liars.

Some of the advice here may be painful but alot of people have shown there sympathy and alot have give there opinions. The advice given is right imo from every comment above.

Some here have seen it all and I think they sussed it before most.

If you want to really make trading work, your have to make changes. Changes your not aware of.
If not and what you say is true, I have to agree at the age of twenty with a mortgage go out there and shag everything and invest your money. Your twenty.

You have made the first step already now its your choice on your next step. But the truth is what helps you.

A forum can be very blunt thats just the way there are but everyone has been helpful.
Spot on and well said, couldn't agree more.
trader44

the difference between failure and success in trading is the ability to take a loss .reduce the loss as much as possible then trade the next race as normal,wether that next race is 2minutes or 2 weeks after the loss .this is experience talking ..its how you handle the losses that keeps you successful long term .Obviously If your edge has gone thars different but if nothing has changed in your methods then it comes down to one thing ,"HOW YOU HANDLE LOSSES" ie what you do afterwards ..:-)
to75ne

clearly these people cant trade, they are useless (at trading). STOP ENCOURAGING THEM. it is really is irresponsible, would you encourage junkies etc.
eddy9005

trouble is you cant trade if you are being manipulated ,unless you find the key you might as well throw your money down the drain ,im talking horse racing, although through years of videoing and stats, someone is always 4 ticks ahead of you , so just remember your not playing a fair game , when you realise this you will make money, but only at the hands of other trusting individuals who will constantly lose their money to you. football is another matter it is possible to get a few trades through the market but remember the market will only move in your direction once the controllers have had their profit first. something to ponder on for a boring saturday.

Return to “General discussion”