Betfair Accounts being restricted, closed and suspended

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
monarch57

Hi
I have held this account for over 10 years and have bet regularly with small amounts. For the past year I have bet every week on the golf and they have been happy to take my money.
I think it is a bit harsh without any warning to just restrict an account.
I have submitted a ticket but if they don't reinstate my account I assume it is then useless along with BA which I have paid for 1yr?
BetScalper

monarch57 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:30 pm
Hi
I have held this account for over 10 years and have bet regularly with small amounts. For the past year I have bet every week on the golf and they have been happy to take my money.
I have submitted a ticket but if they don't reinstate my account I assume it is then useless along with BA which I have paid for 1yr?
Basically, YES.
welshboy06

Duplicate Post
Last edited by welshboy06 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
welshboy06

monarch57 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:30 pm
Hi
Well not useless. If you're making money trading then pay the 299.
Dosepower

My acc is also so restricted. If u pay the 300 u get back the live API.
Can u also get ristritcted wehen u have Laie the 300 ?
Sorry for my Bad english
BetScalper

Dosepower wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:12 am
Sorry for my Bad english
What ?
Sovereign

Dosepower wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:12 am
Sorry for my Bad english
I think what you're trying to ask is can you be restricted once you've paid the £300, the answer is nope, once you've paid that you'll be fine.
alchemist87

Do you really have to pay £299? Can't you get the restriction lifted just by generating commission to Betfair by placing bets?
The OP in this thread viewtopic.php?t=15053 signed up to the Betfair Developer Program before getting the delay restriction. So I guess it's of no use?
ArticalBadboy

I haven't researched exactly how Betfair license their data, so what I suggest might be impossible, improbable, immoral or illegal...but Is there no way the BetAngel software could be adapted in the following manner:

1. Live mode remains as is, with the users details being used to access Betfair via BetAngel

2. Practice mode data is an exact copy simulation of the real data.
What I mean is, could Betangel pay for one business license and collect the live data on a Server, and practice users hook into that server rather than link to Betfair. Going via this route might increase latency a little, but might negotiate these restrictions?
ShaunWhite

ArticalBadboy wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:55 am
2. Practice mode data is an exact copy simulation of the real data.
What I mean is, could Betangel pay for one business license and collect the live data on a Server, and practice users hook into that server rather than link to Betfair. Going via this route might increase latency a little, but might negotiate these restrictions?
You can't redistribute BF data on a business licence.
What's wrong with people placing the occassional £2 trade? Seems an aweful lot of bother just to avoid spending a few pence. I'm suprised you're not also asking for access to a pirated RUK & ATR stream.
spreadbetting

I don't think it's always a case of people being tightwads, Shaun, they're just not aware they're going to get restricted for using an option within the program.
LeTiss

Practice mode is a total waste of time. BA may as well just remove it from the software, as people are getting punished for using it.

I don't understand why anybody would pay for BA subscription, but be too scared to use £2 stakes for trades

If you're a virgin, you can practice putting on a condom until you're an expert, but the most important thing of all, is firstly finding yourself a shag. Trading with real money is nothing like trading on a practice screen. Get off there and start using £2 stakes. If you're too scared to place real cash, then you're buggered in this game
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:08 pm

If you're a virgin, you can practice putting on a condom until you're an expert, but the most important thing of all, is firstly finding yourself a shag. Trading with real money is nothing like trading on a practice screen. Get off there and start using £2 stakes. If you're too scared to place real cash, then you're buggered in this game
:lol:

Yep, practice mode is pretty much just to figure out what the buttons do.
spreadbetting

I'd agree with some of those points especially the fact practice mode is a waste of time and gives people a false idea of how the markets operate but I doubt the majority of people using it are too scared of placing £2 bets. To most they'll just treat it as what it is , a practice option within the program, they'll rack up profits by trialling with hundreds then go live with their fivers and find it doesn't work in real life and keep going back to practice mode ad nauseaum wondering where it's all gone wrong until they're restricted :|
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:51 pm
I don't think it's always a case of people being tightwads, Shaun, they're just not aware they're going to get restricted for using an option within the program.
I get it, but it's not a great start if you don't rtfm on the BA site or the BF site. Best part of getting a new gadget is reading the manual. Maybe I'm strange that way too. ;)

Return to “Betfair exchange”