Advanced Coin Flip Trading Strategy on Betfair

A place to discuss anything.
Iron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5_hKUKoL7s

An oldie but a goodie.

Would be interesting to know if Adam could pull this off in today's markets (although I read somewhere that he has stopped trading to pursue other ventures).

Jeff
spreadbetting

I'd guess he's moved onto to some sales based venture :)

Betfair was so much simpler back in 2008 but it does show the value of scratching trades and closing early to minimise losses which alot of new traders still can't seem to grasp and hold on for far too long.
Euler

Adam Todd only lasted a 2.5 or so years in the very early days. I remember being surprised by him talking about £20k a year when I was doing that a month, I didn't have any perception of how I was doing till he posted his figures.

But scalping should always be a high strike rate strategy. But it's not that you are worried about but the losing trades. You can make a one tick profit loads of times but it can all be undone by a failed fill and a big move. The markets are more volatile now.
Iron

Euler wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:39 pm
Adam Todd only lasted a 2.5 or so years in the very early days. I remember being surprised by him talking about £20k a year when I was doing that a month, I didn't have any perception of how I was doing till he posted his figures.
Interesting, I think that's the first time you have given any indication of what you earn on the forum. I think 'how much does Peter earn?' is a question everyone has wondered at some point but chosen not to ask out of politeness! :lol:
Euler wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:39 pm
But scalping should always be a high strike rate strategy. But it's not that you are worried about but the losing trades. You can make a one tick profit loads of times but it can all be undone by a failed fill and a big move. The markets are more volatile now.
So is profitable one tick scalping now a thing of the past, due to the increased volatility?

Jeff
megarain

I think ‘was doing that a month’ is they key.

Back in the day, a moron could win £5k a mth .. I never had a losing day for 18 mths, but could never quite reach £100k in any mth.

Now, it’s a little harder.

But, it’s all relative. You probably have a life - people winning
These sums, are pretty focused.
Iron

Interesting.

I actually wondered whether Peter's earnings might have increased then, due to greater skill.

What do you think has changed about the markets to make them less profitable than they used to be?

Also, what kind of technique were you using to make nearly £100K a month?

Jeff
megarain wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:04 pm
I think ‘was doing that a month’ is they key.

Back in the day, a moron could win £5k a mth .. I never had a losing day for 18 mths, but could never quite reach £100k in any mth.

Now, it’s a little harder.

But, it’s all relative. You probably have a life - people winning
These sums, are pretty focused.
ShaunWhite

Ferru123 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:31 pm
'how much does Peter earn?' is a question everyone has wondered at some point but chosen not to ask out of politeness!
I've never asked because I couldn't care less.
megarain

It was fun.

You would send teams of putter oners round the tracks, have multiple accounts with online books, who were begging for business.

U would watch the mkt, see a horse become a toucher (6/4 on track, 2.54 on Betfair ) .. send £10k to online books, at the same time smash on course books, and also, smash Betfair.

Would lay back 2.2. - and laugh and laugh and laugh

It wasn’t hard

Return to “General discussion”