Betdaq

A place to discuss anything.
LeTiss

I don't even bother with Betdaq anymore. When Betfair introduced PC, a more progressive company than Betdaq, with ambitious decision makers would have stolen a significant number of Betfair's customers. They are like an old man who is frightened to fart, in case they shit themselves instead
weemac

Yep, they're dead to me too. Can't get matched till you're at least a tick 'wrong' with BF prices, inefficient customer service, closed the uk site, closed to too many overseas markets. And then just try withdrawing your funds - good luck with that project.
spreadbetting

weemac wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:02 pm
Yep, they're dead to me too. Can't get matched till you're at least a tick 'wrong' with BF prices, inefficient customer service, closed the uk site, closed to too many overseas markets. And then just try withdrawing your funds - good luck with that project.
Exactly the same experience as I've had with them, they've had so many chances to catch Betfair but are just too incompetent to take them. Must be loads of ex co.uk players like me who haven't bothered to resign up to the com site and they haven't even tried to get them back.
Euler

Hadn't realised the sentiment was so negative on Betdaq. We've supported them since the PC came into force as the only credible alternative. I'm pumped many millions through there and liquidity is better than it has been for some time. But I guess it's always going to be a catch 22 situation that Betfair will exploit.

Nobody wants to use an alternative unless there is liquidity but liquidity won't arrive till people use it, q.e.d.
RalfusDawes

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:06 pm
... they've had so many chances to catch Betfair but are just too incompetent to take them
Fair comment. I was looking through their FAQs about 18 months back, and they still referred to Firefox 1.x and Netscape Navigator, although I see they've now updated the info there. I keep my Betdaq account funded as a backup, and for testing spreadsheets in a 'live' market at small stakes, but I rarely put more than a few £ through the market - aside from liquidity, the API is just too far behind Betfair - no historical time/price charts, and only basic race details. How hard would it be for them to include race length and type in the API? I do wonder sometimes how they are still in business.
LinusP

RalfusDawes wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:13 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:06 pm
... they've had so many chances to catch Betfair but are just too incompetent to take them
Fair comment. I was looking through their FAQs about 18 months back, and they still referred to Firefox 1.x and Netscape Navigator, although I see they've now updated the info there. I keep my Betdaq account funded as a backup, and for testing spreadsheets in a 'live' market at small stakes, but I rarely put more than a few £ through the market - aside from liquidity, the API is just too far behind Betfair - no historical time/price charts, and only basic race details. How hard would it be for them to include race length and type in the API? I do wonder sometimes how they are still in business.
Yeh agreed, whats really annoying is the API they use on the website (IAPI) is json and looks really good, if they opened that up I would use betdaq.
bmz4

I was reasonable Betdaq user until they suddenly blocked Finland and tens of more countries. And they didnt give any explanation for that. They also gave only couple of weeks time to empty Betdaq account. Dying exchange.
Dallas

When they started pulling out of a lot of eastern European countries I think that had a big effect on their football liquidity which they have never recovered

Return to “General discussion”