We Are The Dumb Money!!!!!

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Trading is fun when things are going well, but I've always believed that whether you're trading or betting, it helps to be completely emotionally detached from the money side of it and treat it like a numbers game.
Iron

I didn't think it was and I actually chuckled in real life when I read your comment. :)

Jeff
spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:47 pm
Yes, it wasn't meant as a slur more saying you're a one off , Jeff :) .
ruthlessimon

Ferru123 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:54 pm
Disagree.

Our Sunday league player doesn't need some secret technique that only a world class player can give him. He needs to do the hard work involved in being the best he can be.
You think that player intuitively will understand all aspects of the game just by "working hard"? How does he know what "working hard" means - if he's never seen it?

Also, another key aspect is time. Yes perhaps after 10yrs playing the game, the Sunday league player does have an outstanding knowledge of the game - but by now he's 30yrs old, he's passed it.

In a trading context, hard work to me, might be considered procrastination to Peter. It's relative
Iron

Jamie Vardy didn't have some international superstar on hand to show him a bunch of secret techniques that only superstars know about, and nor, I imagine, did most top players.

If the desire is there, they will find out what they need to do to get to peak footballing fitness, what techniques to practice, etc.

They will also improve their knowledge of the game by listening to experts, and thinking critically about what they say (e.g. 'Hansen says that was shocking defending. Rather than just assume he knows his stuff, I'll try to work out where he was coming from and whether his logic stacks up).

He might also watch lots of football from around the world too, to see what works and doesn't work in practice, and to get ideas and inspiration.

In short, he won't try to copy anyone, but will learn from a wide variety of sources, and practice applying the knowledge until it's automatic. If he has the talent to be world class, the end result may be very different to Kane, but potentially just as effective.

The approach you advocate was tried out in 2008 by Arton Baleci. Who? Exactly... :) http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7735859.stm

Jeff

Return to “General discussion”