My Journey, day by day

A place to discuss anything.
to75ne

MemphisFlash wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:24 pm
hmmmm, spreadsheet needed i think

something similar to this i think would suffice for you.
I use this on the greyhounds

today.JPG
dont spoil this fella's thread with your non sense.
Original-Soultrader

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:44 pm
It looks like you could be one of those really irritating people who just 'get it'. I prefered your postings showing how you'd f@cked it up.
;)
Have a good weekend, take it easy.
LOL - I doubt that Shaun, i'll fuck up soon enough with some more tales of woe. you'll enjoy it again .

Kinda weird though, I seem to be finding some discipline that was often lacking in Forex. I actually look at every race as the time approaches. Yesterday after a couple i avoided leapoardstown simply because 3 mins to the race there was less than 30k matched. another reason was that many races were too close together and I like to watch the last 10 minutes at least to form an opinion. so i'm quite happy to just skip over a few, have a cup of tea etc. by 4:30 pm yesterday i'd just had enough. I find it's best to just stop when the fun stops lol
Halliday

Original-Soultrader wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:27 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:44 pm
It looks like you could be one of those really irritating people who just 'get it'. I prefered your postings showing how you'd f@cked it up.
;)
Have a good weekend, take it easy.
LOL - I doubt that Shaun, i'll fuck up soon enough with some more tales of woe. you'll enjoy it again .

Kinda weird though, I seem to be finding some discipline that was often lacking in Forex. I actually look at every race as the time approaches. Yesterday after a couple i avoided leapoardstown simply because 3 mins to the race there was less than 30k matched. another reason was that many races were too close together and I like to watch the last 10 minutes at least to form an opinion. so i'm quite happy to just skip over a few, have a cup of tea etc. by 4:30 pm yesterday i'd just had enough. I find it's best to just stop when the fun stops lol

Interesting reading your progress but I would consider just posting your P/L occasionally as it does tend to polarise opinions, and there have been so many "bogus " screenshots posted on here over the years that no one actually takes them seriously ( just look at the greyhound trading thread ) And as someone said on there ...

"Equally, though, I think showing unsolicited p&l statements is also pretty distasteful (and I don't buy the argument that it inspires people). You wouldn't go around showing your neighbours your wage slip to impress them, and this isn't much different."

Bearing in mind your progress I'm sure you don't need to do it , and your previous boasting about your successes didn't go down to well with many either .

Enjoy reading your post .. but not the P/L .. no need for it

Enjoy today's trading
Original-Soultrader

It's a trading diary Halliday, warts and all, it's for me - if you don't want to see it, don't open the thread.

as for 'bogus' screenshots, what would be the point in that? I would only be fooling myself. It's not like a £20 day is anything to brag about is it.
Halliday

Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:48 pm
It's a trading diary Halliday, warts and all, it's for me - if you don't want to see it, don't open the thread.

as for 'bogus' screenshots, what would be the point in that? I would only be fooling myself. It's not like a £20 day is anything to brag about is it.
I know it's a trading diary .. we've seen so so many on here, unfortunately

No need to get all defensive ..it wasn't that long ago you were going to delete the thread ... now you don't want others to read it if they are critical of certain aspects ... it's a message board as well .. everyone is entitled to their viewpoints .. critical or otherwise .. just pointing out that screenshots aren't benificial to anyone .. not accusing you of "bogus " screenshots .. just saying that there's been so many that .. they mean nothing anymore .. but obviously you feel the need to post them for your own benefit

Enjoy your trading .. and don't be so defensive we all wish you well !!
Original-Soultrader

But they are beneficial... to me.

To look back on my thought processes at the time and end of the day. Thats the whole point of the thread.

And how do you know they arent beneficial to anyone else? Are you everyone elses spokesperson?

Im not being defensive, just stating why im doing them. Clearly they are no use to you so just dont look. Why do you feel the need to chime in?
Dave C

Keep posting screenshots if you want- I for one like seeing them.

Some strange people aound :?
Derek27

Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:20 pm
And how do you know they arent beneficial to anyone else?
Dave C wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:24 pm
I for one am at a complete loss as to how it benefits poster or reader - What exactly do you like about seeing them?

I sometimes post that I've had a good day or a bad day, but if I was to post a screenshot of my P/L, the figures would be completely meaningless to anyone except me - absolutely no benefit to me for sharing them and absolutely no benefit to anyone else.
Dave C

You don't like seeing them or posting up you P&L, this poster does and it makes no odds either way to you. Why does it?

In fact, because it pisses you off so much I'd like him to post up his P&L after every race.
spreadbetting

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:37 pm
Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:20 pm
And how do you know they arent beneficial to anyone else?
Dave C wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:24 pm
I for one am at a complete loss as to how it benefits poster or reader - What exactly do you like about seeing them?

I sometimes post that I've had a good day or a bad day, but if I was to post a screenshot of my P/L, the figures would be completely meaningless to anyone except me - absolutely no benefit to me for sharing them and absolutely no benefit to anyone else.
I'd like to see your pnl screenshots Derek, they wouldn't be of no benefit to others :)
Original-Soultrader

Hi Derek, nice to meet you.

I can understand why it wouldn't help you - I guess you've been at this for some time so it may be pretty pointless for you.

For me, i'm a newbie - have done this very little but took the decision to wade in - so it's kinda from a starting point and charting me to the point where i either give it up or increase stakes to make it meaningful. from that point i'll probably close the diary and just go do it.

I'm guessing that the other diary posts were also from newbies.

Sorry if it offends you, but to be blunt, it's my thread and it does help me.
Derek27

Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:51 pm
Sorry if it offends you, but to be blunt, it's my thread and it does help me.
It doesn't offend me and you're quite welcome to post what you like - I was just making an observation.
Original-Soultrader

Saturday again then - i'm seeing a pattern here.

I just don't enjoy trading saturdays - i know that i should because of the increased liquidity, but i find it so much easier in the week and find that people's emotions in the markets are easier to read - possibly because i'm dealing mostly with traders rather than sat afternoon punters which really hold no logic to me.

plus Saturday is traditionally the 'saturday shop' - out for lunch, hairdresser visits the wife etc. so many distractions plus i'm always thinking that i should get my head down for a while before going out for a dance and a beer tonight. so i'm in and out of the office etc

So from here on in I think i'll restrict my trading to Mon - Fri. I'm sure some will see that as madness but right now i don't need the increased liquidity to get my pithy little trades in. That may change in time but for now i can do without it. Plus I think it gives your head time to rest after the week's activity.

results (for those interested and for my notes)
ShaunWhite

If the OP gets even a grain of benefit from posting then he should carry on. And for the record I didn't think he was being boastful, just establishing his credentials so that advice could be pitched appropriately.

If users were blackballed for postings that others didn't find useful the only thing there'd be on the forum is tumbleweed.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:47 pm
And for the record I didn't think he was being boastful, just establishing his credentials so that advice could be pitched appropriately.
Having a million is not a credential (he didn't say how he got it) and isn't information needed to give advice!

Return to “General discussion”