Completely daft messages on social media

A place to discuss anything.
LeTiss

As I've said to you privately, Peter, your class and professionalism blows me away

If I'd worked to achieve what you had, and people then publicly questioned my achievements, or even worse my integrity, plus competitors made personal insults and tried to get others to join in.................I would be beside myself with bloody rage

I lack your decorum, I'd be in there having a bunfight right now :lol: :lol:
Trader Pat

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:09 am
Social media being what it is, we try and ignore the various shenanigans going on. It’s not the sort of thing we want to see and we shouldn’t rise to it.
I take my hat off to you for not rising to it, especially some of the more personal stuff.
Naffman

Unbelievable, CB accusing Hugh Taylor of selling out....erm look at yourself mate

https://twitter.com/AtTheRaces/status/1 ... 7373634561
napshnap

Naffman wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:37 am
Unbelievable, CB accusing Hugh Taylor of selling out....erm look at yourself mate

I think caanberry is a betfair marketing department's creature.
stueytrader

napshnap wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:59 am
Naffman wrote:

I'd doubt that's true, if you read the earlier sections of his blog - he openly describes being useless and losing money. Not sure BF would promote that way.
In any case, promoting use of BF is hardly a bad thing for any of us, if you think about it so it all helps. So, his knocking of bookies prices/promoting of BF is nothing for us to worry about (unless you use the bookies still).
PDC

JTEDL wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:31 am
I see a certain 3 'pro traders' got a bit of grief on twitter yesterday when they announced an 'Exclusive Pro Trader Event sponsored by Betfair' ;)
Looks pretty full there, not far off 100 people in attendance, fair play to them for putting on a popular event, shows there is demand out there for such things.
Emmson

Why wasn't that well known Australian invited to make it a quartet?
LinusP

napshnap wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:59 am
Naffman wrote:

To be fair I believe the event was actually organised by the three of them, god knows why.
PDC

Emmson wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:58 am
Why wasn't that well known Australian invited to make it a quartet?
I think the idea to hold the event came from when the three of them (Caan, Mark, Steve) were invited to speak by Betfair at the Emirates stadium to a group of people Betfair invited for that event.

I guess the talk they did at the original event went down well and they thought there is obviously a demand for this type of thing so why not put an event of our own on.

I was critical when it was first announced but if people went to it with their eyes wide open as to what it was and what it wasn't then I don't see a problem with them hold such an event. Given the numbers in attendance it obviously was of interest to a lot of people.

I think if Betfair themselves held these types of events around the country it would be a welcome sight and show they are interested in once again promoting the exchange which is something we all need in order to ensure that there is an ocean for us to go fishing in.
ShaunWhite

I really don't see why people so interested or bothered by what others are doing. If people want to try to make a few quid by holding events, selling books, promoting themselves as a 'personality' or selling software then that's their prerogative. It all seems quite benign anyway, certainty more so than events like viewtopic.php?t=12055 which are an attempt to cash in on a nefarious activity and yet largely go unchallenged. If what Caan Berry has for breakfast is in anyway troubling you then maybe you need to get a hobby because it really, really isn't important in the grand scheme.

Neither is what I think about anything tbf so why I bothered typing that is a mystery. I need to get a life :)
Moody Mare

:arrow:
Last edited by Moody Mare on Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trader Pat

Mmhmm :roll: :lol:
Moody Mare

Last edited by Moody Mare on Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Moody Mare

Last edited by Moody Mare on Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trader Pat

Moody Mare wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:54 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:34 pm
As for posts on social media there's a lot of nastiness that goes on

My point is social media is just full of nastiness and put downs and snide comments
ah, i worked it out. you were just doing a bit of this :cry:
Touché

Was just a bit of an eye-roll at your 'trio of superstars' comment. That quote of mine you pulled up was in part referring to 2 members of that trio, while I dont follow them on social media they do pop into my timeline every now and then.

Return to “General discussion”