Completely daft messages on social media

A place to discuss anything.
Euler

Got to say, thanks for the support and answer guys.
SeaHorseRacing

Thank you for all the youtube videos, your software and this forum. We should be the thankful ones. Just don't allow the idiots to sway your thinking or what you do.

I used to once oppose everything just because I wanted to be the one who was right and for the credit of doing so, It took me a lot of pain and the desperation to do anything to make the trading work that I started to realise that in fact this was my flaw in life and this forum and particularly your videos moved me towards thinking differently.

It was through your videos I did my own research and I discovered paradigms and learning my self-awareness and improving on myself

All though I am still controversial and opinionated I look at things differently these days and that's down to you highlighting on your videos... don't get yourself into mistakes, don't trade everything the same... eventually, it all clicked and I knew what it would take just to make even a small profit and that is changing yourself not your strategies in the market.
Trader Pat

Euler wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:16 pm
Got to say, thanks for the support and answer guys.
I know theres a case to be made for ignoring the negativity and not letting it bother you but IMO its good that it does in some ways. It shows that you still care and maybe its part of the reason Bet Angel keeps pushing the boundaries and the software keeps improving. Keep up the good work :)
Derek27

Euler wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:13 pm
That's a good example actually as I offered James the chance to meet up and see everything for real. But he declined and I just kept on offering. Turns out he couldn't trade profitability either. Never would have guessed!
That was quite an offer, an opportunity that many successful traders would have taken up, albeit, for different reasons. But at least you offered, you can't really do more than that.
gutuami

ohh these trolls, we see them everywhere. I would feel pity for them. What they have inside comes outside. they are mean and hateful, pessimists with no ambitions.. in a word losers. don't chaise losers. same as in trading :) too much of a hassle.
Derek27

Intelligent people don't take notice of other people's opinions unless they are underpinned by reasoning or evidence, or the opinion of somebody you trust and respect. It's the daft people who believe what they want to hear and don't believe what they don't like. Sadly, social media is littered with such people but I reckon most will look straight through those unsubstantiated comments.
Nero Tulip

You know my solution, get off it!

But that's not really an option for you, as a business owner it's a good marketing tool and a conduit to your users.

I have to say, in the time I've been off it I've been happier, way more relaxed and less stressed and have tons of time to spend being more productive or enjoying myself. The haters and slander is ultimately meaningless, my view was that what i gain in ignoring it completely (being unaware if it exists) isn't dissimilar to the amount they lose in wasting their time doing it. Time seemingly only gets more valuable (for someone that sits trading all day, maybe more so - different discussion maybe!).
Anna List

50% of the people in this world have a below average IQ. I find that a scary thought.

There are some smart cookies on this forum. Out there, in the wider betting world, it's a different story. Go into any betting shop at random and listen to the jibber jabber that takes place. It's frightening. How on earth some of them manage to tie their shoe laces of a morning is beyond me. It therefore comes as a shock that some of them even learn to read and write and find their way on to social media.

We live in a democracy. We wouldn't like our freedom of speech to be curtailed and therefore, we have no right to curtail the freedom of others, regardless of how much we may dislike and/or reject hearing the thoughts of others. Someone once said, I may not agree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it.

Bookmakers, to a great extent, have become expert in the exploitation of human weaknesses in order to acquire wealth. On the one hand, we are all responsible for our own well-being. On the other, it would not be a caring society that ignores the weak and less fortunate.

There are people in this life who see gambling as some kind of ill that afflicts society and takes advantage of the vulnerable. Maybe the social media poster is of this ilk, maybe not. Maybe the poster sees you, Peter, as being a part of this ill, maybe not. Right now, you don't know the nature of his angst or why.

You could ignore him, of course, but this could be seen by many as an admission that the poster is correct. Don't forget that 50% of those on social media are as thick as trees. Ignoring him could also inflame the situation. Some people take umbrage at being ignored.

In your position, I would ask him for proof of his claims. If he takes a hike, he will be seen as holding fresh air. If he responds, you might then be in a better position to defend. Someone once said, if you intend to retaliate, first know thine enemy.

There again, I'm not you and I'm not in your position.

Hope this helps.
Kai

Like one of my favorite quotes says : "Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep."

It's normal if it bothers you a bit on a professional level, if you think stuff like that can hurt your business or image etc, but it definitely shouldn't bother you on a personal level. It's very normal for anyone successful to have "haters", but I don't think haters of this type should be laughed at or ridiculed for their comments or opinions, no matter how outlandish they seem. I pity these guys because I can somewhat understand where they're coming from, sports trading really can seem too good to be true or even a scam with the right amount of ignorance, my guess would be that it mostly comes from people who suffer from that classic "I tried and failed, therefore it's impossible" syndrome. Offering any sort of "proof" to these guys is I think counter productive and it probably seems even more scammy to them, a lot of people are perfectly happy in their denial bubble and not many will risk being proven wrong because that would be incredibly painful to them.

That guy probably has a mountain to climb in order to find success in anything, let alone something as difficult as trading. I mean, if you can't even learn how to spell in your own language, how are you honestly capable of learning something as complex as trading. The best response to a comment like that should be along the lines of : "Sorry you feel that way, here's a video that will hopefully clear up the concept of profitable trading for you, best of luck."

Btw speaking of bubbles, I feel like we traders live in a bubble of our own. The only reason that trading isn't as popular as it should be or why Peter's videos never go viral with a million views is the sheer amount of ignorance outside of that bubble, where people on the outside looking in can't really see clearly what's going on so they naturally assume that there's something shady about this trading malarkey. The bookies carefully guard their flock and keep them distracted so it's very hard for any of us to properly educate them en masse.
Anna List

Kai wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:25 pm
Like one of my favorite quotes says : "Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep."
I like this quote. May I borrow it?
Kai wrote:
Offering any sort of "proof" to these guys is I think counter productive and it probably seems even more scammy to them, a lot of people are perfectly happy in their denial bubble and not many will risk being proven wrong because that would be incredibly painful to them.
If this were an email exchange between two individuals, I would agree. However, it isn't. It is as near a public exchange as damn it. Peter's reply wouldn't just be aimed at the individual concerned, it would be aimed at everyone who reads the particular comments on social media.

I thought it was a good move to stay away from social media. I don't have a twatter nor a f*uckface account nor have I ever had one nor do I want one. The more I hear about social media, the more happy I become that I stay away.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
I mean, if you can't even learn how to spell in your own language, how are you honestly capable of learning something as complex as trading.
:lol: I never looked at it that way but it's a good point.
ShaunWhite

Kai wrote:
I mean, if you can't even learn how to spell in your own language, how are you honestly capable of learning something as complex as trading.
I'm not sure that's right really.

On the topic though.... How about a standard reply that says...

"It's understandable that you have your doubts and healthy cynicism is a good thing, but if you or anyone would like to learn more about trading, I suggest you visit the Betangel forum at Xxxxxxxxx where you can find over Xxxxxxxxx threads and Xxxxxxxxx postings by Xxxxxxxxx users on the topic which will help you to make an informed opinion as to whether or not it can be done profitably."

Fill in the blanks obv.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:22 pm
Kai wrote:

"It's understandable that you have your doubts and healthy cynicism is a good thing, but if you or anyone would like to learn more about trading, I suggest you visit the Betangel forum at Xxxxxxxxx where you can find over Xxxxxxxxx threads and Xxxxxxxxx postings by Xxxxxxxxx users on the topic which will help you to make an informed opinion as to whether or not it can be done profitably."

Fill in the blanks obv.
I don't think either me or Kai meant it to be taken too literally, but it does illustrate the point that there are some things other people can do that he can't - spelling just being one of them.
SeaHorseRacing

ShaunWhite wrote:
Kai wrote:

Fill in the blanks obv.
I am dyslexic and use a software called Grammarly and you can see that it still doesn't make sense at times.. Private English tuition paid for twice a week in my last two years at School.. still couldn't get a C. Managed an A in maths and think im doing ok with my trading....
bennyboy351

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:41 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Kai wrote:

Fill in the blanks obv.
I don't think either me or Kai meant it to be taken too literally, but it does illustrate the point that there are some things other people can do that he can't - spelling just being one of them.
Shouldn't that be 'I don't think either Kai or I/myself meant it to be taken too literally?' LOL :-)

Some people are good with words, some with numbers. I reckon Peter must be in the second group. ONTH, maybethe guy IS dyslexic?

Return to “General discussion”