Completely daft messages on social media

A place to discuss anything.
spreadbetting

What was it saying, seems to have gone.
Naffman

Yeah you'd think he'd keep his trap shut but the comment that really made me laugh was how he claims to avoid PC by losing on BF but winning on Betdaq, Matchbook and the bookies

Ah if it were that easy Tony
Derek27

If only he explained how he won with bookies and kept his accounts unrestricted!
Cards37

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:35 pm
Basically it was Peter is a fraud because he never shows real trades and because its all just a way to sell Bet Angel subscriptions.
spreadbetting

Bit stupid of him, if you're up to something shady you usually keep your head down and avoid attracting unnecessary attention not craving it. That's kind of like him thinking "if I can't do it no one can"
to75ne

Cards37 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:50 am
spreadbetting wrote:
Basically it was Peter is a fraud because he never shows real trades and because its all just a way to sell Bet Angel subscriptions.
does anybody actually take him serious? for years he as been a joke figure and any credability he may once have been able to muster amongst the gullible and the desperate to trade of this world, was lost for ever when he went for a walk in the park.

i cant see how anyone could believe him over the likes of mr webb.
Dallas

to75ne wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:16 am
Cards37 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:50 am
spreadbetting wrote:
does anybody actually take him serious? for years he as been a joke figure and any credability he may once have been able to muster amongst the gullible and the desperate to trade of this world, was lost for ever when he went for a walk in the park.

i cant see how anyone could believe him over the likes of mr webb.
Until that link i'd never even looked at his twitter page but was very surprised by his number of followers, I'm sure a lot are those know better and are only doing it for the comedy value but it did get me thinking and I was still surprised just how many 'believers' he has: roll:
Trader Pat

Dallas wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:27 am
Until that link i'd never even looked at his twitter page but was very surprised by his number of followers, I'm sure a lot are those know better and are only doing it for the comedy value but it did get me thinking and I was still surprised just how many 'believers' he has: roll:
The sad part of it is there actually are some people who follow him and think he's a genius :cry:

I've had people on my timeline thanking him and singing his praises! If you look at some of his videos though it amazes me that these same people can't see through him. he has a lot of videos about how to make £10 a race or something and basically what he does is lay a horse at a resistance point and after drifting 2-3 ticks he hedges the position. This is particularly funny to me because even before he enters the market its pretty obvious the runner is going to drift so while he locks in his profit and is congratulating himself the price drifts another 10-15 ticks, but still comments on his videos are generally positive. You'd think one person would ask 'If you're so good at this how come you didnt see this horse was going to drift like a barge, especially as another 2 horses were coming in?'

I think it boils down to what we were saying on another thread, generally people believe what they want to believe regardless of how much evidence to the contrary there is
Naffman

He put out a video of him trading Cheltenham last year. I think he backed the favourite at 4.0 saying it would go below the resistance point but it drifted out to 5.0 and he didn't get out of the trade saying he was going to wait and see if he could get a profit in running!! It was pure comedy (pretty sure he deleted it soon after) but I couldn't even believe he put it up :lol:

He's a joke, think there's one guy called All Green Grant as well, don't know who's worse tbh
spreadbetting

You need to remember scammers are always aiming to target the gullible, greedy and stupid, they're not looking to sell to people who are likely to have done a bit of homework or on forums already. It's like the nigerian email scams with their poor English and grammar, that's not there because they're stupid, it's there because it acts as a filter for them in the fact that anyone responding is most likely to be gullible enough for them to con.

Looking at some of the 'trades' on his twitter feed it seems he's just laid £50 bets and greened up in the hundreds to have a green screenshot, god knows how many of those £50 lays have gone on to lose but you'll never see anymore than a screenshot of a single race rather than a 3 month pnl. The latest trend for people to play down their PC charges is to say they've previously used or still use the account for arbing so it's in a big negative. For anyone new to the game it seems half plausible as the fact is if you're getting higher odds with the bookies that's where the value lies and that's where the profit will eventually end up. But over time it simply means your betfair account would be level less commission whilst the bookie account would be in profit by whatever % of value you were able to obtain, which is usually quite small. Being able to pinpoint where you leave the losses, apart from the fact if you knew where they'd be why place the bets, just isn't possible over the likely number of arbs you'd get each week.
Trader Pat

Alas I can't see his twitter feed anymore as I'm blocked 💔 :D
spreadbetting

It's like these ones here

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZYLPwEXcAAtlxo.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZYRnXrUQAIuZAf.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZYPEOmU8AA4NDP.jpg

He's just faffing around with £10 bets but the profit has come from simply laying a £50 bet and closing out for pennies in running once the chance has gone. That's not trading and no doubt his pnl screen will have lots of losers where he couldn't get out of his £50 lay bet but I guess he'll always have plenty of people willing to pay for his wisdom as he shows a green screen.
Euler

2018-05-25_15-59-58.png

A cracker this week. You have to feel this must be a competitor or somebody with a vested interest? Else why post something like that? Especially when Betdaq used my 28 in a row at Cheltenham as a promotion. It's got to be in the hope that somebody sees a comment like that and starts to doubt things. I really wish people had to authenticate their accounts so you could see who was actually behind these sorts of comments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

You really shouldn't let it bother you. If you're going to have a public profile I'm afraid there'll always be the few dickheads like that.

Anyone who seriously looks into trading, BA & you will soon sort the fact from the fiction and see what I tiny minority they are. Anyway most people these days is used to seeing posts from haters and trolls and unless they become overwhelming they're pretty much ignored.

Can you name any public figure from business, sport, politics, movies or music that doesn't get this sort of thing? If you plan to fight it and defend yourself you're wasting your time and risk looking over defensive and paradoid which would only give them more fuel.

I wish I was so successful and influential that I attracted haters :)
ShaunWhite

.... even if it is someone with a vested interest or a competitor, if you're in business that sort of shit happens whether you're a painter and decorator on Facebook or a multinational. You've been around the block Peter, you know how the world turns, and the bigger you are the worse it's going to get, so rise above it or get out of the publicity game before it eats you up.

Return to “General discussion”