placing bets out of the money

A place to discuss anything.
George93

Hello!

I have a problem regarding the ladder. I cannot always place bets 'out of the money', so e.g. if the current back price is 1.6 and I want to place a back bet at 2.0 in the ladder, it is "pulled down" to the current 1.6 price, and of course it's true to the laying as well, but sometimes it works just fine but then it changes back to this state. I tried to change the staking interface in the settings, because it was originally on Price based staking and when all of a sudden it just started doing that, I changed the interface to Auto stake (legacy) and then it worked fine for a while, as I described earlier, but then changed it back.

What could be the problem? It is very annoying and stops me from doing certain tactics and strategies.
Thanks!
Dallas

You will never be matched at worse odds than you place your bet at but Betfair ALWAYS match at better odds if available
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11621
ShaunWhite

Are you sure you didn't reverse your ladder George?

Or did it change back when you restarted BA.... The default settings on the login screen might be different to the ones you were using.
George93

No, Odds Display setting hasn't been tempered with, so it remained Normal. But some time ago I set it to Reverse and everything worked just perfectly fine.
George93

And how could I do it earlier then if it's theoretically impossible?
Dallas

George93 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:46 pm
And how could I do it earlier then if it's theoretically impossible?
Its always worked the same, you can offer money to the market and place a back bet higher than the current price or a lay bet lower and it will only be matched if the price trades at those odds. Otherwise, it will remain as an unmatched bet.

Placing a back bet below or lay bet above the current price and you will get matched at the best odds available

Make sure you are placing your back/lays in the right place depending on your odds display
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12253

Return to “General discussion”