Question about earnings of Professionals

A place to discuss anything.
burntheory

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:53 am
BF.it has ok money waiting, it's just that nobody except you is using it. Why?
Because they're all being scared off by Luca, the little champion trader ;) .
Lucacrebbe

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:02 am
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:38 am

I have heard of macthed betting. Is it still profitable those days?
I have no idea about how the Italian betting industy works for matched betting, knowing that is your job?

Matched betting here (I assume you mean against free offers) is not a serious proposition. The stakes are very small and limited per customer.

Here it's difficult to work with bookmakers in any way, bet size is strictly limited at advertised prices. You will be very lucky to get £500 on, and if you are profitable, they will close your account in days. In that respect, bookie liquidity as a trading option is much much smaller than the exchange. If you lay on BF and BF crashes, and you need to place a bet....you'd close out on Betdaq rather than run to the bookies who'll probably will tell you that you can only have £100.

Here almost every trader will have Betfair and Betdaq accounts to insure against the days when one or the other crashes. If you don't think that will happen, here are 307 pages of postings about it ->Betfair Down / Betfair site crash.

Do you have a 2nd exchange or only betfair.it ? What do you do if befair.it goes down in the middle of a game? How do you stop your loss?

Can they close my account if I do matched betting?

If I will lose all the money on bookmaker, can they still close my acocunt?
Derek27

A bookmaker may restrict you from betting with them if you win money off them, but Betfair will never close your account for winning.

Return to “General discussion”