Women and your trading

A place to discuss anything.
PeterLe

Yep true story, she actually bought her new car with her switch card
Mind you I never got the £200 back... :)
LeTiss

PeterLe wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:32 am
Mind you I never got the £200 back... :)
Maybe not, but you cannot put a price on silence
ShaunWhite

PeterLe wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:32 am
Yep true story, she actually bought her new car with her switch card
And if they're not supportive, when the money does roll in, you can drop her off at McDonalds while you go eat at the Gilded Truffle. Might have a bit more faith next time.
spreadbetting

PeterLe wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:15 am
We initially had the (long) conversation as to whether I was "Gambling"
...not matter what I said she always said "...Yes but its still gambling"
To solve it once and all...She opened her own betfair account with £200 (which I provided), which I automated and when she eventually bought her car from the profits she conceded that it wasn't gambling after all.
We haven't had the conversation since :)
Surprised you didn't have the PC avoidance team on your back.
PeterLe

spreadbetting wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm
PeterLe wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:15 am
We initially had the (long) conversation as to whether I was "Gambling"
...not matter what I said she always said "...Yes but its still gambling"
To solve it once and all...She opened her own betfair account with £200 (which I provided), which I automated and when she eventually bought her car from the profits she conceded that it wasn't gambling after all.
We haven't had the conversation since :)
Surprised you didn't have the PC avoidance team on your back.
No she has her own account/IP address etc...but more recently I did email BDP and ask if there would be any issues with using two usernames from the same IP address and they said not a problem
So we now share a VPS, true love!
Kafkaesque

PeterLe wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:44 pm
So we now share a VPS, true love!
Out of context that has to go down in history as the nerdiest sentence ever ;)
spreadbetting

I'm guessing they're using similar strategies too :)

I've been thinking of giving my bots to my kids as luckily I don't need the cash atm but assumed they'd just see it as some kind of PC avoidance.
stueytrader

Wow, some great (and interesting) posts on this topic since I initially asked - seems like many of us have thought about this aspect over time!
Guess most of us (apart from those avidly single) have had to deal with our relationships while engaged in the trading slog. Seems many have much cleverer approaches to the issue than I have had so far. I may need a rethink in some of my 'strategies' ;)
PeterLe

spreadbetting wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:54 pm
I'm guessing they're using similar strategies too :)

I've been thinking of giving my bots to my kids as luckily I don't need the cash atm but assumed they'd just see it as some kind of PC avoidance.
Yes almost identical strategies. I did point out to Betfair that under no circumstances would the two accounts every bet against each other.
Also, all you need to do for your kids (assuming they are 18+) is to set them up using KYC (Think my daughter had to send a copy of her driving licence or passport, can't remember which), all above board
ShaunWhite

PeterLe wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:44 pm
No she has her own account/IP address etc...but more recently I did email BDP and ask if there would be any issues with using two usernames from the same IP address and they said not a problem
We've had an account each for over 10 yrs. She rarely uses it but nothing's ever been said.
It's not having the accounts that's the issue, it's ify things going on between them that they'll flag up.
Derek27

I read a news article about a guy who had £50K taken out of his account because Betfair linked his account with four others, for premium charge purposes, on the basis of similar betting patterns evidencing that they are being operated by the same person or syndicate. He was considering suing.

So don't worry about accounts using the same postal or IP address. We need to worry about someone, somewhere in the world trading the same markets in a similar style. :lol:
bennyboy351

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:17 am
I read a news article about a guy who had £50K taken out of his account because Betfair linked his account with four others, for premium charge purposes, on the basis of similar betting patterns evidencing that they are being operated by the same person or syndicate. He was considering suing.

So don't worry about accounts using the same postal or IP address. We need to worry about someone, somewhere in the world trading the same markets in a similar style. :lol:
No-one in their right mind would copy MY trading style! LOL :lol:
Derek27

The world's a big place. There could be someone, somewhere, who thinks like you and places similar trades. :lol:

Return to “General discussion”