Leverage in sport trading

A place to discuss anything.
Lucacrebbe

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:17 pm
Do you know where can I bet ''Spread betting'' with leaverage?
Google?
You probably know what's available in Italy better than we do.
I can't find any bookmaker letting leavearage on Spread betting, in Google the results showen are all Spread betting byut in Financial field, not sports betting
Derek27

Some spread bets have unlimited liability so all spread betting firms are potentially allowing you to risk more money than you have. As I said, it's not an intentional leverage, it's just the nature of spread betting.
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:51 pm
Some spread bets have unlimited liability so all spread betting firms are potentially allowing you to risk more money than you have. As I said, it's not an intentional leverage, it's just the nature of spread betting.
Dereck please can you name some companies/bookmakers/Betting exanges websites which allow to risk more what you can afford?
Derek27

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:47 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:51 pm
Dereck please can you name some companies/bookmakers/Betting exanges websites which allow to risk more what you can afford?
I don't know any bookies or betting exchanges that allow leverage - I just said spread betting firms do.
ShaunWhite

Lucacrebbe wrote:
websites which allow to risk more what you can afford?
:roll:
Trader Pat

When the fun stops, STOP
Derek27

Lucacrebbe wrote:
You said on your other thread that you want to bet "hard" - up to €10,000. You also said you can afford to lose €5,000.

Why do you now need leverage?
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:41 pm
When the fun stops, STOP
I hate that glib little box-ticking phrase the bookie's adverts use.
They're in the business of breeding industrial strength gambling addicts, not renting out bouncy castles.

Luca, when you lose all your money (plus some) and it's not fun, it's ok because you can just 'stop'.
Kafkaesque

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:31 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
When the fun stops, STOP
They're in the business of breeding industrial strength gambling addicts, not renting out bouncy castles.

Luca, when you lose all your money (plus some) and it's not fun, it's ok because you can just 'stop'.
Couldn't agree more. So very obviously just a cover-our-asses slogan under slight pressure from a political establisment. Slight because they don't truly want to stop the (taxation) cash cow that is gambling, and an industry doing the bare minimum to try to be proactive regarding a backlash against a business model that - even if we're a part of it in a small way - is ethically rotten to the core.

As to the OP in this context. I wrote to him in the previous thread that there were worrying signs, which he promptly ignored. This thread takes it from signs to pretty damn near certainty. In the same post, I praised you guys for doing outstanding work in trying to guide OP, even if mostly seemed to the benefit of other lurkers rather than actually OP. At this point though, for me, there's been enough examples where solid advice and well-founded constructive critisism has been ignored or even lambasted by OP. Cold-hearted though it may seem, I think, it's an unavoidable personal disaster waiting to happen, and since none of the advice sticks anyway, then any reply just feeds the addiction instead, and it's better left ignored. Cliche as it might be, this seems a case of someone needing to hit rock bottom, before being able to appreciate one's own fallibility and following that being capable of taking advice onboard.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
I use the phrase because in this case it gets straight to the point. Rather than waste time given the man advice he's not interested in taking, he's going to do what he's going to do and it doesnt look like anything thats said here is going to make any difference.
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:20 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
I use the phrase because in this case it gets straight to the point. Rather than waste time given the man advice he's not interested in taking, he's going to do what he's going to do and it doesnt look like anything thats said here is going to make any difference.
I agree Pat and it wasn't a dig at what you said, just the way the adverts use the phrase.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:45 pm
I agree Pat and it wasn't a dig at what you said, just the way the adverts use the phrase.
I didnt think it was Shaun :)
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:
When the fun stops, STOP

I've never noticed it before but I just heard the slogan on an advert. The funny thing about it is that it sounds so contradictory and out of place when they just spent an exciting 30 seconds telling you how much you can win - almost as though they don't want to say it!
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:59 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
When the fun stops, STOP
I've never noticed it before- almost as though they don't want to say it!
They don't want to, they 'have' to.

The guidelines should be change so it's at the start and says "The following offers are bullshit"

Unlikely though because it's all to do with the SenetGroup that the bookies themselves had to set up to try and look sqeeky clean for the govt. Hence the blink-and-you-miss-it (as you did) helpful advice.

Return to “General discussion”