Wolves of Instagram: selling the sizzle not the sausage!

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

I think we might both be wrong Si,

Perhaps training is the last chance saloon for those that aren't generally going to make it?
Perhaps almost everyone who's sucessful did it solo? Afterall there's enough info out there, and self reliance is a big part of it.

I've revised my benchmark, I think a trainer would be lucky to change anyone's fortunes :)
ruthlessimon

I just think the success rates are far lower than both mentors & mentees would like to believe - on a mainstream level.

However, 1to1/tightly-knit, all access, long-term etc - & everything changes - if that person is ready for it (& the mentor!).
Naffman

I swear it's the same people commenting on this forum (sorry guys :lol:), that doesn't show that there are many people that grasp the concept of trading no matter how much money they spend

You either get it or you don't
arbitrage16

Naffman wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:35 pm
I swear it's the same people commenting on this forum (sorry guys :lol:), that doesn't show that there are many people that grasp the concept of trading no matter how much money they spend

That's a fixed mindset per Carol Dweck and not a great one for trading :D
Naffman

It's not a mindset its just a fact, I'm sure Betfair would back me up with the actual numbers
spreadbetting

Naffman wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:35 pm

The mechanics of trading are very simple , I'd be surprised if most people can't understand it.

The reasons people fail are just so varied and that's really down to the mindset people approach trading with and, just as importantly, the reasons why they're doing it.

Return to “General discussion”