Wolves of Instagram: selling the sizzle not the sausage!

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

dragontrades wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:53 pm
What's your opinion of the CranBerry?
I like him. He's zero bullshit, humble and therefore doesn't mind saying what's a struggle. Ducks and dives a bit selling advice but who doesn't if they're doing trading vids on YouTube.

I think it comes down to what you want to learn.

If you just want spreadsheet facts and trading methods then frankly anyone can tell you those, even your butcher. If you want to be taught how to turn that into success you need to find someone who's been on that journey and is a good teacher.

Lots of successful people can't teach because they've forgotten what it's like to be a struggling student or never were one, or don't know how to get the best out of different types of people. Teaching is a million miles from trading so finding someone who excells at both is rare.

There's many that can teach a few, but very few that can teach the many. I'd be inclined to ask, how many people have you taught, and how many are as successful as they hoped to be? Ie What's the odds of them delivering.
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:21 pm
I like him. He's zero bullshit, humble and therefore doesn't mind saying what's a struggle. Ducks and dives a bit selling advice but who doesn't if they're doing trading vids on YouTube.
It's an interesting dilemma actually:

1. A no-bullshit educator; that can't trade
2. A bullshit educator, that can trade
3. A no-bullshit educator, that can trade
4. A bullshit eductor, that can't trade.

In ranking whats worse, I'd probably have it:

4 - Entertainment :D
2&1 - bad as each other
3 - Creme de la creme
ShaunWhite

I'm 100% not saying that I couldn't learn a lot from someone truly gifted, it's just that for where I am now that extreme level of ability wouldn't automatically trump other considerations.

Yet again it's horses for (training) courses.
napshnap

ruthlessimon wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:07 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:21 pm
It's an interesting dilemma actually:

1. A no-bullshit educator; that can't trade
2. A bullshit educator, that can trade
3. A no-bullshit educator, that can trade
4. A bullshit eductor, that can't trade.

In ranking whats worse, I'd probably have it:

4 - Entertainment :D
2&1 - bad as each other
3 - Creme de la creme
I'll go for 4.
Naffman

The badger is probably worse than #4

He laps up the attention he gets when people call him out as he claims to sell more ebooks as a result :lol:

He has lived in Blackpool and Skipton - hardly places that scream I make tons of money trading!

It's easy money flogging BF products to noobs, Steve Howe has got in on it (apparently has a good course?), caan, that weird guy who talks about how automation is the way to go but then quit because his bot wasn't doing any good anymore, the list goes on
Trader Pat

Naffman wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:58 am
Some bloke is probably worse than #4

He laps up the attention he gets when people call him out as he claims to sell more ebooks as a result :lol:

He has lived in Blackpool and Skipton - hardly places that scream I make tons of money trading!
Heres something just for you Naffman, click the link, sit back and enjoy, I'm sure you'll be twice the trader you were before you watched it :lol:

LINK REMOVED

On a serious note theres a lot of this kind of stuff around, in this case its a website endorsing questionable characters and others who post links to people selling ebooks and the like , to borrow an American phrase its one big circle jerk.

Interesting thing about this particular website is most of the 'articles' seem to be written by the same person calling himself 'man of mystery' and he spends a bit of time pushing a certain software... I wonder who that could be :?: (this emoji looks very like him by the way)

Korrattt posted this link on abother thread a while back but thought it was worth another airing :D
spreadbetting

dragontrades wrote:
I thought this was very revealing :)

https://youtu.be/gm4F6YIu6ZM?t=11m55s
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:01 pm
dragontrades wrote:
I thought this was very revealing :)
In what way?
spreadbetting

In the way he avoided answering it.
Naffman

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:15 pm
Naffman wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:58 am
Some bloke is probably worse than #4

Heres something just for you Naffman, click the link, sit back and enjoy, I'm sure you'll be twice the trader you were before you watched it :lol:

LINK REMOVED

On a serious note theres a lot of this kind of stuff around, in this case its a website endorsing questionable characters and others who post links to people selling ebooks and the like , to borrow an American phrase its one big circle jerk.

Interesting thing about this particular website is most of the 'articles' seem to be written by the same person calling himself 'man of mystery' and he spends a bit of time pushing a certain software... I wonder who that could be :?: (this emoji looks very like him by the way)

Korrattt posted this link on abother thread a while back but thought it was worth another airing :D
Dammit I can't see it now :lol:

And I watched sections of that video and he didn't seem to say much did he?

It'd be great to know which BF traders actually pay the PC instead of having to take someone's word for it
Trader Pat

Naffman wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:39 pm
Dammit I can't see it now :lol:
Was nothing too exciting, just the bloke from Blackpool and Skipton talking about himself! The BA mods have probably done you a favour by removing it :D
leewillo75

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:35 pm
In the way he avoided answering it.
I might be being silly here but didnt betfair use caan years ago to promote trading on the exchanges .....

Cant see them doing that if the bloke wasnt making money
gutuami

dragontrades wrote:
I haven't seen any of his p&l so can't form any opinion about him. but by all appearances he seems a regular trader who would do much better if using a better software ...
PeterLe

Folks,
I just want to set the record straight about Caan
Ive met Caan at different events over the years and we even did some work together
He’s a genuine guy and a good trader (I’ve sat next to him on occasions at his flat and watched him trade). He’s not a fake.
I have no reason to lie
If you met him face to face, I think those of you who doubt him would change your minds

Yes, he has material for sale, but I would do exactly the same if I could. He doesn’t hide anything and he genuinely wants people to succeed.
The truth is he has worked his arse off to get to this position. Its unfair for people to make snap judgements
His blog is worth reading from the start if you get the chance and you will see the journey he has made.
regards
Peter
brimson25

I wanted to say, I didn't mean for this to become a witch-hunt. (Although, of course, it makes sense to relate this back to what posters here know).

I think there's probably a spectrum: outright fraud at one end of it and expert training at the other. Even then that will be clouded, because of the temptation of some people to blame their failures after (expert) training on that, rather than properly on themselves.

I was astonished that some of the claims in that article, but I guess it shows the power of people wanting to believe in something, and being willing to ignore evidence that all is not right (or being educationally or cognitively unable to see that evidence in the first place).

Seems some people have forgotten the last part of the old saying - if something seems too good to be true...

Return to “General discussion”