which indicators do you use?

A place to discuss anything.
Lucacrebbe

EVen if I don-t believe completely in tecnical Analisis. I am just curious to know which tecnical indicator do you rely the most
Derek27

A quote from another thread:-
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:13 pm
You are simple gambling with MACD, scalping around the book , hoping they do not match your trade when you don't want (causing you losses)
This is gamble. I am not used to play in this way.
Also it's stressful.
One day you're telling us what TA we're using, another you're asking!
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 6:06 pm
EVen if I don-t believe completely in tecnical Analisis. I am just curious to know which tecnical indicator do you rely the most
I don't rely on, or even use TA. I just use my judgement, based on past and current prices and the overall behaviour of the market.
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:00 am
A quote from another thread:-
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:13 pm
You are simple gambling with MACD, scalping around the book , hoping they do not match your trade when you don't want (causing you losses)
This is gamble. I am not used to play in this way.
Also it's stressful.
One day you're telling us what TA we're using, another you're asking!
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 6:06 pm
I don't rely on, or even use TA. I just use my judgement, based on past and current prices and the overall behaviour of the market.
Hello Dreck could you explain a little bit what do you mean by ″overall behaviour of the market″

Do you relay also on Wheight of Money to understand the behaviour of the market?
Derek27

By behaviour of the market I mean how volatile or static it is, the volume of money being traded at both ends of the spread, considering what affect the money, or lack of money on other horses may have on the one that I'm looking to trade, etc.

I don't take too much notice of the weight of money. I know many other traders do but I find it quite misleading.
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:45 am
By behaviour of the market I mean how volatile or static it is, the volume of money being traded at both ends of the spread, considering what affect the money, or lack of money on other horses may have on the one that I'm looking to trade, etc.

I don't take too much notice of the weight of money. I know many other traders do but I find it quite misleading.

Thanks.

How can you analize if a market is volatile or static?

Derek27 wrote:
the volume of money being traded at both ends of the spread
Can you tell me why is this date so important for you?

Basically the volume is always the same at the both end of the spread. I mean, since the volume is when both backers and layer meet togheter at certain price, then the volume traded should be the same at the back or at the lay side

I cant undestand what do you mean with volume traded and why is it so important
Derek27 wrote:
lack of money on other horses may have on the one that I'm looking to trade
Sorry, why this can be useful?

Why the lack of money on an horse can suggest you if the price is going up or down?.
Derek27

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 6:49 am
How can you analize if a market is volatile or static?
You don't analyse whether a market is volatile or static, you can see it with your eyes!

Volatile means moving rapidly - static means the opposite, standing still. You can see just by looking at the prices (or the graphs) whether the prices are jumping up and down or standing still for long periods.
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
the volume of money being traded at both ends of the spread
Can you tell me why is this date so important for you?

Basically the volume is always the same at the both end of the spread. I mean, since the volume is when both backers and layer meet togheter at certain price, then the volume traded should be the same at the back or at the lay side

I cant undestand what do you mean with volume traded and why is it so important
Date???

The spread is the gap between back and lay price. For example, if a horse is available to back at 5.5 and available to lay at 6.6, that's quite a large gap. I was talking about the recent amount of money traded at these prices. Sometimes a market can appear static in that the prices are not changing but money is still being traded, whereas other times the market is just dead. Sometimes money is being traded at both ends of the spread (5.5 and 6.6) so you have the opportunity to scalp/swing.
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
lack of money on other horses may have on the one that I'm looking to trade
Sorry, why this can be useful?

Why the lack of money on an horse can suggest you if the price is going up or down?.
Lack of money for one horse is likely to result in it drifting which means one or two others have to go down. It can also result in an unstable market. By this I mean rapid price movement.
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 7:14 am
The spread is the gap between back and lay price. For example, if a horse is available to back at 5.5 and available to lay at 6.6, that's quite a large gap. I was talking about the recent amount of money traded at these prices. Sometimes a market can appear static in that the prices are not changing but money is still being traded, whereas other times the market is just dead. Sometimes money is being traded at both ends of the spread (5.5 and 6.6) so you have the opportunity to scalp/swing.

Sorry I cant understand really well this, but I am willing to learn. I would learn what do you mean?

For example what will be the benefit of finding out recent amount of money traded at these prices?

How will influence your decision to lay or to back?

Derek27 wrote:
Sometimes a market can appear static in that the prices are not changing but money is still being traded, whereas other times the market is just dead. Sometimes money is being traded at both ends of the spread (5.5 and 6.6) so you have the opportunity to scalp/swing.
This also I dont understand. Which kind of benefit should give you the fact that the money is still traded and why do you have the opportunity to swing trade if the money is being traded at both ends of the spread (5.5 and 6.6)?

But the money is always traded both ends of the spread

Derek27 wrote:
Lack of money for one horse is likely to result in it drifting which means one or two others have to go down. It can also result in an unstable market. By this I mean rapid price movement.

if there is lack of money in one horse, its price will go down? is this what you want to say?
ShaunWhite

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:42 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sometimes a market can appear static in that the prices are not changing but money is still being traded, whereas other times the market is just dead. Sometimes money is being traded at both ends of the spread (5.5 and 6.6) so you have the opportunity to scalp/swing.
For example what will be the benefit of finding out recent amount of money traded at these prices?

And sometime the market can appear static but more money is being traded on one side than the other. The question then becomes, which will stop first, the supply or the demand.
Lucacrebbe

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:53 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:42 pm
Derek27 wrote:

And sometime the market can appear static but more money is being traded on one side than the other. The question then becomes, which will stop first, the supply or the demand.

ok, how do you find out that more money is traded on one side rather than the other, and how this will influence your decision to back or lay?

can you please answer this question?
Derek27

You can see money being matched on the ladder, if you are using trading software it will usually indicate the last price matched and amount.

A horse being backed heavily may suggest that the price will shorten but I wouldn't open trades purely because a horse is being backed, it's just one of many factors to take into consideration and you need to look at the overall market as a whole.

Luca, as I said before, the best way to learn trading is to practice with small stakes and get a feel for it. What you are trying to do is learn to be an expert racing driver by reading books about driving!

Return to “General discussion”