the weight of money

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:15 am
Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:00 am
I thought he was talking about money being traded at the time rather than historically.
I think he does to. I don't know how to do it apart from just watching the tv at each price quickly/slowly increasing on the right of the ladder. Can't chart it and can't export it. I'm not sure if that's because it's useless or a little too useful ;)
too ;)
Euler

Emmson wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:14 pm
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6916&hilit=wom&start=30

Whole thread is interesting particularly last post on WOM. ^^^
With regard to similar styles, that's because I taught the other chap. He came on my course twice so that's why it's similar.
Euler

I still use the weight of money, as even a distorted value can still give you insight. It works much better in trend markets, in flat markets it's much harder to understand.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 5:27 am
too ;)
:lol: You got me. I'm blaming sunstroke.
Emmson

Euler wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:52 am
Emmson wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:14 pm
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6916&hilit=wom&start=30

Whole thread is interesting particularly last post on WOM. ^^^
With regard to similar styles, that's because I taught the other chap. He came on my course twice so that's why it's similar.

I could see that being a cause of friction if pupil is now undercutting master.
Lucacrebbe

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 2:57 am
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:24 pm
Well how do you spot where there is the real money that is being matched instead of focusing only speculativly on WOM?

Guys I am asking for help, I would like to understand.. please, could you use simple words?
Traded volume = matched.
WoM = unmatched.
thank you

So you take a look at the ladder to see the traded volume at a given price

well once you have seen that a price has a lot of traded volume, which advantage does it give to you to see that a price has a lot of traded volume? How do you behave then?
When you decide back? when you decide to lay? Based on?
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 2:57 am
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:24 pm
Well how do you spot where there is the real money that is being matched instead of focusing only speculativly on WOM?

Guys I am asking for help, I would like to understand.. please, could you use simple words?
Traded volume = matched.
WoM = unmatched.
I thought he was talking about money being traded at the time rather than historically.

Yes.

I can't see what kind of advantage can give to you the data about the money ALREADY traded at a price.

I was intersted into the weight of money that is really ABOUT TO being matched.

Are there some indicators for this paramater?
Lucacrebbe

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:15 am
Derek27 wrote:
I think he does to. I don't know how to do it apart from just watching the tv at each price quickly/slowly increasing on the right of the ladder. Can't chart it and can't export it. I'm not sure if that's because it's useless or a little too useful ;)

I think it is not useless, because it shows the real interest of the backer or of the layers at a given price, so you can elaborate well where the money and at which price is going to flow and make a better decision if to follow the crowd, and reducing the risk in case of a bad trade

You can reduce the risk because as seen that a lot of people back / lay at a given price, this will create an UNBALANCED situation

so the odds are less likley to swing move hard, destroying your capital, even if you have choosen a bad entry point
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 7:22 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:38 pm
Hello everyone, I am Luca, I want go straight to the point.

When it comes to trading I am a little champion.

Everyone could have a talent, and my talent is this.

I have all logical-matematical way of thinking, innate sense of prediction, no emoctions when the market go against me, good sense of risk/reward ratio and so on.
What's happened to your innate sense of prediction?
Dereck please could you help me instead of pushing up old treads? I am talking purely of Tecnical analisis here, I don't think it has somenthing to do with sense of prediction

I know in the past I have said that TA is not so useless, but I could be wrong.
Moniac

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 11:27 am
which advantage does it give to you to see that a price has a lot of traded volume?
It's the way the volume changes that's interesting, not just the size it is now. Look for the volume on one side of the spread rising faster than the other, or the volume changes at the top/bottom of a range etc. aka Volume delta.
Lucacrebbe

Moniac wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 1:39 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 11:27 am
which advantage does it give to you to see that a price has a lot of traded volume?
It's the way the volume changes that's interesting, not just the size it is now. Look for the volume on one side of the spread rising faster than the other, or the volume changes at the top/bottom of a range etc. aka Volume delta.

Where do you take the volume delta?

Have you a software?

Also, entchuldingung, but the volume is not it always the same?

For every person that back, there is a someone who lays... so where cames this ''Delta'' ? What is it?

I have hears in the financial, but I never understand it much... what is the delta volume?
Moniac

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 4:28 pm
Have you a software?
.. what is the delta volume?
Volume is displayed in the traded volume column in BA. A 'delta' is a change in value over time.

Look at the traded volume at each price and observe how it is changing. This is the amount of money that is being matched at each price.

No extra software, just eyes and experience.
Lucacrebbe wrote:
For every person that back, there is a someone who lays...
Yes but the usual way to describe it is from the view of the person who is accepting the offer.

That's why you hear phrases like "a horse is being backed" even though that obviously requires layers.

Do you have racing tv to watch, or have the live video on Italian BF?
Derek27

Moniac, Luca trades tennis not racing.

Luca, forget about WOM. As we said in the other thread it has no purpose for in-play tennis - it's generally used for pre-off horse racing markets.
Lucacrebbe

Moniac wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 4:47 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Have you a software?
.. what is the delta volume?
Volume is displayed in the traded volume column in BA. A 'delta' is a change in value over time.

Look at the traded volume at each price and observe how it is changing. This is the amount of money that is being matched at each price.

No extra software, just eyes and experience.
Sorry I don't understand why a change in the volume at a given price, should give me insight tips of what could happen next (up or down)

Maybe I am retarded but I can't understand, sorry.

@Dereck ok, I just want to have as many variable as possible when enter into a trade
and the volume seems to be a good indicator for what could happen into a market
Derek27

I don't think you understand Luca. WOM, volume, and all the TA is irrelevant for in-play tennis. There's a five second delay when placing bets so you can't see what money's available and unlike other markets bets are often cancelled just before serving. It's the player that wins each point that really determines which way the market will go.

Return to “General discussion”