Staking odds query

A place to discuss anything.
water_lily

Hi All,
I'm struggling to figure out why my placed bets at certain ticks below current price get matched at the current price without it waiting until in reaches the desired odds? It must be something to do with the settings but I can't figure out what :?:
Any ideas would be appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BetScalper

water_lily wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:34 am
Hi All,
I'm struggling to figure out why my placed bets at certain ticks below current price get matched at the current price without it waiting until in reaches the desired odds? It must be something to do with the settings but I can't figure out what :?:
Any ideas would be appreciated!
Betfair always matches at best odds. If you place a back bet below the current price then it will be matched at the current price or better.
water_lily

Hmm, I am just trying to have something like this working download/file.php?id=5943&mode=view
The placed bets here don't get matched straight away but only when it reaches required price?
neilb

The back bets in the image are being placed above the current price and the lay bets below, you are trying to place a back bet below the current price which will always be matched at the 'better', higher price.
water_lily

of course! Doh... :D Thanks guys!

Return to “General discussion”