simple scalper, can anyone help please :-)

A place to discuss anything.
eatyourgreens

hi all,
and thanx to all who contribute to this site, as a newbie I find it all very helpful :-)

I am hoping some one can point me in the right direction as to why an automation file I have put together wont work as intended :-(

I have been a subscrber to ba for a couple a months and tried putting together loads of bots, virtually all of them worked fine ( but no profit........yet !!), but my latest creation ( one of the simplest) just wont work properly :-

It is a very simple back to lay scalper, it contains a place lay bet, place back bet, and 2 green ups ( 1 final green, and one to stop firing bets if profit is reached (10p) these all work fine.

Entry to the market (greyhounds) is via a £2 lay bet, placed at a gap in the market with wom greater than 70%, with a 2 tick offset (no greening, just offset). This works fine.........gap appears, bet goes in, gets matched and £2 (back) offset appears. Obviousy all the time the odds drift this is great, lay goes in. gets matched, offset gets matched and off we go again. happy days !

My problem is with the rule for a (£2) back bet, it is to be placed at best reverse market price, 1 tick offset (no greening, just offset), there are two conditions for this bet to be placed :- first is "lay bets matched on selection (fav) > £1.99" and the second condition, "unmatched bets on selection (fav) is =1".

So, when the first (intial) lay bet gets matched, and its offset goes in ( but is not matched, because the market has not moved). then both the conditions to place a back bet are true. i.e. lay bets matched on selection > £1.99 and unmatched bets on selection = 1. but, this back bet will not trigger :-(

I have checked and double checked times and re-arm etc., I have tried placing at ticks above/below reverse market price or current market price etc, but it does not fire even though the only two conditions attached to it are true, I am probably missing something very simple, can anyone see a reason why it wont fire?

thankyou to anyone who has taken the time to read this and I hope it makes sense !

Have a nice day! :-)
eatyourgreens

ooooops!

I think I sussed it. the back bet was to set to be placed on "row 1" , not the fav !!!!!!! silly me :-(

Return to “General discussion”