Yoga And Trading Horses

A place to discuss anything.
mhorro

Hi,

My wife owns a Yoga Retail company and she keeps on telling me to practice Yoga and meditate as it will help me trade!

Does anyone out there practice Yoga and trades and does it help?

Thanks,

Mark
Derek27

I've practised yoga many years ago just for a laugh - never took it seriously.

I think yoga helps with anything and everything if you have that sort of mindset, but I certainly don't!
SeaHorseRacing

mhorro wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:54 am
Hi,

My wife owns a Yoga Retail company and she keeps on telling me to practice Yoga and meditate as it will help me trade!

Does anyone out there practice Yoga and trades and does it help?

Thanks,

Mark

Yoga no-

Meditation- yes 20 mins every trading day. Depending on the day. Pc usually fired up at 8/8.30. Go through the racing and what markets I won’t trade.

Around 10ish I go down onto couch and chill with a coffee etc sometimes lingers on and find myself watching Jeremy Kyle. Get myself a workout- but now been sneeking to gym late evenings. In the shower by 11ish.

This time of year it’s easier as I will usually pop to shop sometimes bookies..and gets some food.
Back at my desk by 1... I usually meditate with my headphones at my desk generally 45 mins before my first race.

Been doing this routine religiously for about 15 months now. 16 months ago I lost money nearly every month...

Whether fitness or meditation made me profitable I don’t know but what I do know is it keeps me focused.

You wouldn’t play football without warming up, I love trading and I only find the mornings a chore. But it really helps.
SeaHorseRacing

This maybe slightly off topic but what helps me trade. Don’t check your balance. Trying teach yourself to just trade what’s in front of you. I usually check my balance on a Wednesday. Found it hard at first, but the small term trends really messed me up before.

If I’ve had a stinker like today £45 red on the first trade I know about it but by the time your on your 4th and 5th my mind is subconsciously like ok.. think I’m in profit now. What I find it does is it really doesn’t focus your brain on that big loss or big win. You still know it’s there but helps.
Derek27

If you trade multiple markets you have to check your available funds regularly or you could find you're unable to close a trade.
mhorro

Thanks
Naffman

I find mindfulness helps - let's you focus on the markets and what you need/want to do instead of thinking about any worries you have that no matter how small will most likely affect your performance
The dog of ry

One of my favourite quotes, which resonates so much with me is...

"Fortune favours the prepared mind"

Whatever it takes to get you there.
JTEDL

Yoga and trading? Maybe an idea for PW's next video ;)
stueytrader

JTEDL wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:43 pm
Full lycra :lol:

Actually, maybe that wouldn't be a bad marketing vid to get attention... :D
Euler

JTEDL wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:43 pm
Now there is a thought. NOT.

I exercise first thing every morning without fail. I also have nice garden now so potter about that weeding and stuff. Basically anything to take my mind of day to day things. It really helps and some of my best ideas have been spawned during this downtime.
Derek27

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:19 pm
This maybe slightly off topic but what helps me trade. Don’t check your balance. Trying teach yourself to just trade what’s in front of you. I usually check my balance on a Wednesday. Found it hard at first, but the small term trends really messed me up before.
A member of this forum recently had £10 taken out of his account by a fraudster, followed by the full balance 24 hours later!

My advice is to check your balance frequently, even when you're not trading for a week. Noticing £10 being removed could set the alarm bells ringing, and save you a lot of hassle, and money!
marksmeets302

I do yoga twice a week, became instantly hooked when I saw I was the only guy in a room full of beautiful ladies.
trader44

meditation is good for trading and every day life ,visualization is also a great benefit before you start trading. see yourself trading calmly etc ,its certainly helped me
Derek27

marksmeets302 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:50 am
I do yoga twice a week, became instantly hooked when I saw I was the only guy in a room full of beautiful ladies.
I was more interested in the instructor when I did it.

Return to “General discussion”