Busiest Week of the Year is Here

A place to discuss anything.
Korattt

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:15 pm
Only another 48hrs and the manic grind will be over :mrgreen:
I would imagine that there are those that have made 5 figures over the past 2 or 3 weeks through automation, for me it's been a headache
Dallas

Korattt wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:30 pm
Dallas wrote:
I would imagine that there are those that have made 5 figures over the past 2 or 3 weeks through automation, for me it's been a headache
tbh I haven't used automation on that many more markets than I would normally do this time of year, what I have done though is used it in combination with watchlists to alert me to opportunities across numerous sports and markets.

That's enabled me to spread myself much further this last month.

Peter has done a very good blog post last week offering up some tips and advice on how to stay on top during busy periods
https://www.betangel.com/blog/betfair-t ... e-markets/
Korattt

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:19 pm
Korattt wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:30 pm
Dallas wrote:
tbh I haven't used automation on that many more markets than I would normally do this time of year, what I have done though is used it in combination with watchlists to alert me to opportunities across numerous sports and markets.

That's enabled me to spread myself much further this last month.

Peter has done a very good blog post last week offering up some tips and advice on how to stay on top during busy periods
https://www.betangel.com/blog/betfair-t ... e-markets/
when one hasn’t cracked manual trading cracking automation is a long way off, I’m a one thing at a time sort of bloke.. probably that’s my downfall, willing to learn but with a tendency to get impatient, but can get annoyed with stuff I don’t understand, I am better than I used to be but the rules that can be created within the automation some of them really do go over my head.

Like using stored values to indicate top & bottom of markets - absolutely clueless,

I’m sure I’ve seen Peter produce a weeks worth of P&L with 4 figures just on automation, 3 figures a day on greyhounds, that for me is demoralising, don’t get me wrong I am willing to learn it but to be honest I’m not from a coding / programming background so realistically don’t hold out much hope to get to a similar level, would gladly pay for someone’s time for some help with automation but don’t think that’s going to happen.
Last edited by Korattt on Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

I know there are a few traders on here that can't trade manually but have had success when they turned to automation. One isn't necessarily more difficult than the other.
Korattt wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:35 pm
I’m sure I’ve seen Peter produce a weeks worth of P&L with 4 figures just on automation, 3 figures a day on greyhounds, that for me is demoralising
Demoralising, why?

If somebody's making big profits on markets that you're struggling with, it a least tells you that you're not wasting your time on something that's not possible.
Last edited by Derek27 on Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Korattt

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:39 pm
I know there are a few traders on here that can't trade manually but have had success when they turned to automation. One isn't necessarily more difficult than the other.
is for me, not everybody is the same
Korattt

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:39 pm
Korattt wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:35 pm
I’m sure I’ve seen Peter produce a weeks worth of P&L with 4 figures just on automation, 3 figures a day on greyhounds, that for me is demoralising
Demoralising, why?

If somebody's making big profits on markets that you're struggling with, it a least tells you that you're not wasting your time on something that's not possible.
demoralising because I don’t understand how to get the best out of it, it’s a bit like saying here’s what I can do & you don’t know how, something like a..

AE072077-8C40-4AE5-81D3-C835457871A0.jpeg

moment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JTEDL

every time this post appears on 'new posts' I think there is another 'busiest week of the year' here again!
jimibt

JTEDL wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:01 pm
every time this post appears on 'new posts' I think there is another 'busiest week of the year' here again!
well, they think it's all over -it is now!! ;)

[edit] -apart of course for the mens final- lol
stueytrader

Who decided to put the WC final same time as the bleedin' Wimbledon final...... :evil:
Euler

Unless I screw up today, I should get a record week this week.
Derek27

stueytrader wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:00 pm
Who decided to put the WC final same time as the bleedin' Wimbledon final...... :evil:
It's not as if Wimbledon is a domestic event, unheard of around the rest of the world!!
Dallas

Phew that's finally it for another 4 years - think a few days rest with a bit of data work before settling back into the daily routine stuff
Derek27

Next time the World Cup takes place in winter. It might be a blessing for racing/football traders to give Fontwell a miss for the World Cup!

Return to “General discussion”