Maths homework

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

It's a tricky one sionascaig, It suggests direction and strength of move rather than an absolute value and I also don't know how far ahead it's working, if it is at all. I'm snookered at the 'those two wiggly lines look really similar' stage. I might post some examples after the weekend, I need a break and the best ideas sometimes sneak up on you while your attention's elsewhere.
sionascaig

You've got me interested now !

I'd try measuring the two elements you are interested in separately to see how well the indicator matches each (and this will allow you to refine formula based on results)...

Might be able to have a look when things quieten down (or fire it past someone with a brain the size of a planet)....
ShaunWhite

Even if the lines match theoretically it's no use unless it can be turned into a trade trigger. I think I need one giant loop with various trigger thresholds and methods, inside another loop looking at all the time offsets, for each race, for each everything else that might be factor :)

Time to pop to my local Quantum Computer World, or start learning about neural nets.
Atho55

Would the Forecast function in Excel be any use to project a few seconds forward then compare the results alongside each other. I`ve tried it with Back odds using 11 seconds of actual odds then projected the next 3 forward which seemed to work.
ShaunWhite

Atho55 wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:49 pm
Would the Forecast function in Excel be any use to project a few seconds forward then compare the results alongside each other. I`ve tried it with Back odds using 11 seconds of actual odds then projected the next 3 forward which seemed to work.
Thanks for that. It's a function I hadn't considered. I'll stick it on my todo list for next week.

Return to “General discussion”