Which VPS to choose to have the less possible latency?

A place to discuss anything.
Lucacrebbe

As the title say... coulc you point me to the right direction? Which VPS to use to have the lowest as possible ping/latency/delay?
ShaunWhite

From you to the vps (that's impossible to say) or vps to Betfair (the physically closest one to BFHQ)?

Will you be trading manually or automated? If manual then the fastest ping won't help more that a few milliseconds.

Have you now got access to an exchange?
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:12 pm
In real life or dreamland?
frankclake

I use the "SVS2000" config under Windows 2016 from Tagadab:

https://www.tagadab.com/

It is the same company that BA use to host their VPS. It's a good, fast, reliable service which I can access from my phone, tablet or from abroad where BA is not permitted.

Frank.
LinusP

frankclake wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:15 am
It's a good, fast, reliable service...
Tagadab are none of those things.
Euler

We no longer use Tagadab btw.

I do think the use of a VPS for latency is overplayed now. Betfair has made a significant number of changes to their architecture which renders speed and latency much less useful than it was years ago. But VPS's are still useful for a number of other reasons.
foxwood

LinusP wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:51 am
frankclake wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:15 am
It's a good, fast, reliable service...
Tagadab are none of those things.
Disagree with that negative comment. Been using them for nearly 4 years without any issues running several commercial web sites 24 x 7 + BA + own software running daily using exchange API all on a single server. Only problem has been one unscheduled reboot in all that time. Prompt and knowledgeable UK support and good pricing and also a domain registrar. Nothing wrong in my experience.
Lucacrebbe

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:12 pm
From you to the vps (that's impossible to say) or vps to Betfair (the physically closest one to BFHQ)?

Will you be trading manually or automated? If manual then the fastest ping won't help more that a few milliseconds.

Even with manual trading it can improve your chances... I don't use automated trading yet because I can't code and I don't know anyone with I can contact to build me customized software... I wouldn't relay on simply rulset based on volume/RSI/ tecnical analis... I don't trust it 100%.. the combination of fundamental analisy and tecnical analisis is still
superior

Return to “General discussion”