Degree of trading in movement

A place to discuss anything.
stueytrader

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:03 pm
LinusP wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:49 pm
it depends on what you mean by movement.
I've found it odd that people were guessing percentages without this being asked.

I'd hazard a guess that noise is mostly traders and swings are mostly the RoTW. Unless there's more traders chasing and taking than I imagined.

Only BF know.
Yes, it's a fair question what is meant by movement. I guess my initial post was rather mixing movement with amount matched as a concept. I like the distinction in terms of movement types you suggest there though Shaun.
ShaunWhite

stueytrader wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:59 am
I like the distinction in terms of movement types you suggest there though Shaun.
I think the disticntion is valid because big markets behave differently, and the obvious difference is the amount of real/informed money. That's assuming that traders are scaled appropriatly so would have the same net effect on large or small races.

As for who causes what I think I could make a reasonable case for either side of the argument. Real money certainly seems to have a dampening effect, so what it's dampening must be caused by something else, ie traders. But as it dampens both noise and swings, traders must be responsible for both.

I think we're probably looking at another case of one answer not applying to all situations. Huge races 75/25 big money vs traders. Tiny races the other way around ?

Put us out of our misery Peter...what's the answer? :)

Return to “General discussion”