Betfair Volumes

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

Jonathan wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:57 pm
Taking on board the point, if it works, then don't question it or try to understand it, it could drive me mad.
I didn't say not to question it or to understand it. I was advocating doing what works for you rather than trying to find what works for other people and trying to copy it.
ANGELS15

Hi Jonathan. Taking your point about trying to fill the gaps between trading opportunities. Have you considered other trading scenarios in addition to scalping/swing trading?

In my case I've never really done much scalping as I tend to do a lot of back to lay or vice versa trades on racing. I tend to find opportunites throughout the day.

Are there sports you are knowlegeable about? Are you able to spot value, back it and trade it off later at lower odds? I don''t really follow football but I remember not so long ago looking at a match and the weaker team's odds were 4/1. It occured to me if they could score a goal then their odds would shorten. I backed them at 5.0 on Betfair and put in a lay bet to keep at 2.5. Sure enough they actualy scored first and their odds halved and my bet was taken so I was in profit. They lost in the end but it didn't matter to me.

If there is something you're good at exploit it. Have a look at the shared files section and see if there are any automation files you can use/mofify for your strategy.

This will give you other things to occupy yourself with while you wait for markets to scalp.
Jonathan

Thanks All, quality points as usual, all feedback noted. I like the "do what works for you" on trying alternatives, you are correct, I should broaden my scope. Then I realised, in the space between swings and scalps (pretty busy with e the big meets but evenings are slow), why not investigate other opportunities, you just filled my gap.

Return to “General discussion”