Comparing bookmakers for odds

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:03 am
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:19 am
It's similar to arbing, only one bet is with a regular bookie, the other is a spread bet. For example, he might back a team to get relegated and then place a spread bet on the number of goals they score in the season, when he's calculated the probability of both bets losing is very small for his potential reward.

He basically scans the betting markets for all sports and finds the flawed odds, then works out a way to secure a profit.
Where can I do spread betting? How is the revenue? I immagine it works just like the futures.. you choose up or down... in this case ''relegate to Serie B'' or ''it remains into Serie A''

Then he hedges his spread bet with another bet, on the number of the goal.

Which tecnique does he use to see that the odds are flawed and they have an advantage for your brother?
You can do spread betting with a spread betting firm.

I haven't a clue what the revenue is like as I don't do it.

There's nothing futuristic about it. Spread betting has been around for years. In fact, Betfair is far more advanced than spread betting.

You've got it the wrong way round, it's a conventional bet that a team gets relegated and a spread bet on the total goals for the season.

My brother's a mathematician, so if he explained his technique it wouldn't be understood by the likes of me and you, and I'm sure there's a lot of judgement in it as well - there's no mathematical formula to winning money.
ShaunWhite

Derek, you mentioned spread betting so this one is all yours buddy. Good luck.

But...Luca. You were asking all about spread betting in April. That was 3 months ago. Please don't tell me that you are still at ....
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Where can I do spread betting? How is the revenue? I immagine it works just like the futures.. you choose up or down.
Did you look at the sports spread betting company websites?
Did you read all their FAQs?
Did you read all the information on the internet about spread betting? There is a HUGE amount of info out there.
...What did you find out?

We like questions on here, but are you really expecting Derek to start at lesson zero, at the busiest time of the year, because you haven't done any homework?
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:17 am
There's nothing futuristic about it. Spread betting has been around for years. In fact, Betfair is far more advanced than spread betting.
I think when he said futures he means financial futures and not 'futuristic' :)
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:17 am
You can do spread betting with a spread betting firm.
:o No way! How on earth do you find out stuff like that? It's like you've got a magic machine with an encyclopedia in it.

fyi Sports spread betting has been around since the late 1980s. 30 yrs ?
Derek27

I see what you mean about the futures. I was trying to give as simple an answer as I could about spread betting. :)

It's only just occurred to me, could Luca be under aged?

That would explain why he can't open a betting account, gets exited by women tennis players, is unable look up information about betting (parental controls) and has to ask so many questions about it? :lol:

I'm having an early night - got to be up for Newmarket. :D
Lucacrebbe

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:40 am
Derek, you mentioned spread betting so this one is all yours buddy. Good luck.

But...Luca. You were asking all about spread betting in April. That was 3 months ago. Please don't tell me that you are still at ....
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Where can I do spread betting? How is the revenue? I immagine it works just like the futures.. you choose up or down.
Did you look at the sports spread betting company websites?
Did you read all their FAQs?
Did you read all the information on the internet about spread betting? There is a HUGE amount of info out there.
...What did you find out?

We like questions on here, but are you really expecting Derek to start at lesson zero, at the busiest time of the year, because you haven't done any homework?
I just would like to know how his brother has taken the decision to spread bet on one side, and make another bet on the other side, which form of computation he uses .. that's it.
If Dereck would suggest me how his brother take his decisions it would be great, because I would have learnt another thing, if not I will be ignorant on this. And it's not a good thing.
For spread betting companies, I will look for them by myself
Derek27

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:46 am
If Dereck would suggest me how his brother take his decisions it would be great, because I would have learnt another thing, if not I will be ignorant on this. And it's not a good thing.
Did you not read my post Luca, he's a doctor in mathematics - he's got three degrees and specializes in probability. The majority of us are ignorant of advanced maths and it's not a bad thing. We can't all know everything.

As Shaun keeps telling you if you want to learn how to be profitable you have to work hard and for a long time to develop your skills. My brother spent seven years at university and you expect me to just hand over his knowledge to you (as if I possess it) on a plate!

If you come up with a different idea each week but it takes you three months just to find out about one of them (spread betting), this is confirmation that you're living in dreamland. You're too busy trying to find an easy way to make money to make any effort investigating them.
Last edited by Derek27 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:58 am

fyi Sports spread betting has been around since the late 1980s. 30 yrs ?
Come to think of if, my brother started spread betting early nineties so I'd guess they've been around mid to late eighties.
spreadbetting

I got into spread betting in the very early 90's think I went with IG Index to start, used to be loads of firms shortly after that and all offered £200+ sign up bonuses too. So many shut up shop or limited accounts that I was glad when flutter.com came along. Wikipedia shows sporting index started around 1992 so shortly after that would be the spread betting boom times I'd guess as they were one of the most active ones.
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:15 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:46 am
Did you not read my post Luca, he's a doctor in mathematics - he's got three degrees and specializes in probability. The majority of us are ignorant of advanced maths and it's not a bad thing. We can't all know everything.

As Shaun keeps telling you if you want to learn how to be profitable you have to work hard and for a long time to develop your skills. My brother spent seven years at university and you expect me to just hand over his knowledge to you (as if I possess it) on a plate!

If you come up with a different idea each week but it takes you three months just to find out about one of them (spread betting), this is confirmation that you're living in dreamland. You're too busy trying to find an easy way to make money to make any effort investigating them.
Who is more profitable? You or your brother?
Derek27

No idea - I've no interest in how much other people make. But I am full time, he just does it as a hobby and has a day job.

Hope you're enjoying the tennis?
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:57 pm
Hope you're enjoying the tennis?
yes. Tennis is nice usually in those months

Return to “General discussion”