Telephone trading?

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:58 am
weemac wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:42 am
I had a sudden internet failure
Pretty much every modern phone will be able to access the site on the internet so use that first if possible.
No need to use the phone browser or the BF app.

Get a $5 wireless dongle for your the pc. (no need on a laptop)
When Internet goes down, flip your phone into Hotspot mode. (not sure about ios but on android it's easy, settings>connection etc)
Change your PC/laptop connection to the wireless hotspot instead of wired.
BA continues as though nothing has happened.
Close your positions.

It's another impressive thing about BA, it copes really well with a change of connection, but your browser might need a restart to reattach.
stueytrader

Thanks for the replies - seems as I suspected rather a poor experience all round trying to trade using the phone.

Of course, this would only ever be a last resort in any case.

Loving the experience posted about trying to close out inplay over the phone, can just imagine :lol:
Bumeaung50

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:48 pm
stueytrader wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:09 pm
Had a powercut at home today, and really brought home that possible problem when trading!
I have a ups on my pc and the router. Even with a power cut the green box in the street keeps working for about 2 hours because they have a big ups installed as standard; so that your landline still works.

When I started out, I had to call BF telephone support once to try and close a position. Let's just say make sure you've got 15mins to explain what you mean because as a non vip customer it was about as satisfactory as trying to trade by carrier pigeon.
Hmm, That's really bad mostly when you are at trading then the power or even the router's connection got a problem. That's why if I started trading I double check my power, my computer, and even my wifi router I use.
DeepWire9

I tried to trade on the phone but it didn’t lead to anything good. Brokers sometimes don't understand what you want
Just_nobody

does anyone feel it's the time Bet Angel develop for android version? :roll:
BetScalper

Just_nobody wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:56 am
HELL NO.
jimibt

BetScalper wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:26 am
Just_nobody wrote:
HELL NO.
blimey... miss out the middleman,just go for a fitbit version.. :roll:
Euler

Just_nobody wrote:
Bet Angel is such a complex product, it would be difficult to translate that experience onto a smartphone.
Derek27

Just_nobody wrote:
The sheer number of errors I make when trying to do anything on a smartphone or tablet would put me off using any trading software on a small device.
JTEDL

I know there are a couple out there already, but do think there is a lack of mobile/tablet trading apps. I do sometimes monitor automation remotely from my smartphone and have used it to trade a few times, but have to be really careful with fat fingers though!
Derek27

When I'm away from home and have just one laptop I have the Betfair site opened in a browser on my tablet but it's only for emergency use.
CallumPerry

I'd perhaps like to see a SIMPLE version of BA running on a smartphone. If I'm out and about I can just check how automation is getting on or if I'm in the garden I can hear signals etc maybe a close all positions button if you ever just need a big red button to hit in a panic but I mean big, like the entire screen big. I could not trade from a smart phone.
JTEDL

CallumPerry wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:55 am
I'd perhaps like to see a SIMPLE version of BA running on a smartphone..
+1 - think it would be popular, just a basic one touch screen with tick offset, stop loss, green up options. Ladder option would be good too, but would likely have to be just for 1 selection due to screen size and people with fat fingers...
to75ne

you would like to trade sports on a minature screen with inferior midget virtual buttons as oppossed to a decent sized screen (propbaly 3 or 4), with a decent keyboard and mouse comination?

why?
JTEDL

I expect for most would be in addition not instead of, for the times when unable to access desktop/laptop. I think some traders also like to leave the house from time to time.

Return to “General discussion”