How much do you vary staking level

A place to discuss anything.
stueytrader

CallumPerry wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:56 pm
Has anybody explored varying EVERY ONE of their stakes based on the Kelly Criteria? Say I have a formula that calculates how confident I am on a move happening soon (0-100%) and I have a trigger on i.e. 60% I think the price is likely to drift soon then you'd use 0.6 in the Kelly criteria to calculate your stake. Maybe you have a few triggers at 0.7 and 0.8 and 0.9 too.

Or do people just use the Kelly Criteria to scale up their total stake unit size every so often when their total pot builds? Interested to know people's thoughts.
Personally, the latter to some degree. I have recently increased all of my stakes slightly due to a larger bank (partly the reason I posted this).
Derek27

CallumPerry wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:56 pm
Has anybody explored varying EVERY ONE of their stakes based on the Kelly Criteria? Say I have a formula that calculates how confident I am on a move happening soon (0-100%) and I have a trigger on i.e. 60% I think the price is likely to drift soon then you'd use 0.6 in the Kelly criteria to calculate your stake. Maybe you have a few triggers at 0.7 and 0.8 and 0.9 too.

Or do people just use the Kelly Criteria to scale up their total stake unit size every so often when their total pot builds? Interested to know people's thoughts.
Not sure if Kelly criterium is applicable to trading and if it is, who's got time to calculate it in a fast moving market?

Return to “General discussion”