How do spot the money that is entering

A place to discuss anything.
Lucacrebbe

at a given odd?

I don't mean the money that has already been matched at a given odd (I find it pretty useless.... I mean why to look ''at the past''... which advice can it give to you looking at the money already been matched?) I am referring to the money that is going to enter into the market at a given odd

Let's assume we are at odds 1,28 back/ 1,29 lay

I want to spot where the money is going to enter, THE MOST, if it's going to enter at a superior odd (so 1,40 for example) or at an inferior odd (1,15) compared to the current odds (129 back/1,30 lay)

I was thinking to use Money Flow Index would give you a raw, approximate indicator of what ''the money is going to do'' in the next few minutes: if MFI falls, or goes up)... but I would like a more accurate advice just by reading the oder book of where the money is going to enter (changing the odds)

I am also very curious about why people look at the money ''already matched'' at previous odds level... what indicator would it supposed to be? Why do they look at previous matched odds/volume ? What do they get from this information?

Also how to figure out where the money is going to move next? Using Money flow index?

I am asking this to you because you are more experienced than me in this field (Tecnical analisy)

Please don't be rude with me, I have hit a loss of 100$ today because I still lack of some tecnical advices
Last edited by Lucacrebbe on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BetScalper

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:09 pm
at a given odd?

I don't mean the money that has already been matched at a given odd (I find it pretty useless.... I mean why to look ''at the past''... which advice can it give to you looking at the money already been matched?) I am referring to the money that is going to enter into the market at a given odd

I want to spot where the money is going to enter, THE MOST, if it's going to enter at a superior odd (so 1,40 for example) or at an inferior odd (1,15) compared to the current odds (129 back/1,30 lay)

I was thinking to use Money Flow Index would give you a raw, approximate indicator of what ''the money is going to do in the next few minutes: if MFI falls, or goes up)... but I would like a more accurate advice just by reading the oder book of where the money is going to enter (changing the odds)

I am also very curious about why people look at the money ''already matched'' at previous odds level... what indicator would it supposed to be? Why do they look at previous matched odds/volume ? What do they get from this information?

Also how tofigure out where the money is going to move next? Using Money flow index?

PLease don't be rude with me, I have hit a loss of 100$ today
I am asking this to you because you are more experienced than me in this field (Tecnical analisy)
All indicators tell you whats happened, not whats about to happen. That comes with judgement and experience. Indicators can help but are not the magic holy grail.
Lucacrebbe

BetScalper wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:10 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:
at a given odd?

I was thinking to use Money Flow Index would give you a raw, approximate indicator of what ''the money is going to do in the next few minutes: if MFI falls, or goes up)... but I would like a more accurate advice just by reading the oder book of where the money is going to enter (changing the odds)

Also how tofigure out where the money is going to move next? Using Money flow index?

All indicators tell you whats happened, not whats about to happen. That comes with judgement and experience. Indicators can help but are not the magic holy grail.

You're a scalper, you should know what I mean. You scalp using the order book, spotting where the money is going to move. I assume you just look at the order book cause MFI could be lagging for your ?
BetScalper

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:14 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:10 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:
at a given odd?

You're a scalper, you should know what I mean. You scalp using the order book, spotting where the money is going to move. I assume you just look at the order book cause MFI could be lagging for your ?
I use WOM (100,50,25) and wait for a build up of money at the front of the queue on either side and then open my trades. I will then close them if it looks to be reversing. Rinse and Repeat. So, sometimes I am scalping and others I am trend trading. And to cap it off I don't open lay trades at the top of the trading range and I don't open back bets at the bottom of a trading range. Unless of course I see the Mad Bomber dumping his/her pocket money into the market. :D
Derek27

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Money already matched has no or little relevance in in-play markets. It is relevant in pre-off markets, particularly horse racing, for the same reason that the Betfair graph is relevant. I'm sure you understand why price history is important.
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Please don't be rude with me, I have hit a loss of 100$ today because I still lack of some tecnical advices
I don't mean to be rude, but if you've lost €100, before you blame your "lack of some tecnical advices", stop and think about why you really lost that money!

If you need "tecnical advices" that you don't have, why were you trading in the first place?

Were you overstaking in relation to the liquidity of the market?

Could you have closed trade earlier for a smaller loss?

Your opening trades are likely (although not necessarily) to be wrong if you lost money, but with the benefit of hindsight, do you think you could have better judged your opening trades then, and more importantly, in the future?

Did you have good reason to open a trade at a particular price?

I don't use TA at all. There is nothing wrong with relying on it if you're profitable, but until you reach that stage, you shouldn't overly focus on TA.

A good trader, in my opinion, should be able to make money on the Betfair website, without any software, ladders or all the charts and gadgets. TA can improve your trading but don't expect it to result in success.
foxwood

Stop feeding the troll :roll:
ShaunWhite

foxwood wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:35 am
Lucca's moving to the UK, I hear he's getting a flat nextdoor to Derek. :)

Proving resisdency might be tricky, having a uk bank account (which anyone can do) and being here on holiday here doesn't really count. I guess he's on top of all the detail though and researched everything with the usual forensic rigour.
Derek27

foxwood wrote:
Trolling is the art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off. I don't think that's the case with Luca, I find him quite amusing. :)
Halliday

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:25 pm
foxwood wrote:
Trolling is the art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off. I don't think that's the case with Luca, I find him quite amusing. :)
Agree Luca is a character, certainly not a troll
foxwood

foxwood wrote:
Bagged 3 straight off ;)

I'm not sure - he does seem to go round in a big circle ignoring any advice and the many detailed and patient explanations he's been given.

Also he never seems to answer direct questions - maybe I've just missed some posts along the way but seems a bit repetitive now.
spreadbetting

foxwood wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:58 pm

I'm not sure - he does seem to go round in a big circle ignoring any advice and the many detailed and patient explanations he's been given.

To be fair, that could be said of most of the forum :)
Derek27

foxwood wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Also he never seems to answer direct questions - maybe I've just missed some posts along the way but seems a bit repetitive now.
That's what many people are like, it's not necessarily deliberate.
ruthlessimon

foxwood wrote:
That said, this:

"I am also very curious about why people look at the money ''already matched'' at previous odds level. Why do they look at previous matched odds/volume ? What do they get from this information?"

.. is a very deep question imo.

For example, if the fav's price is "miles" below MWAP (i.e. current price: 2.38. Mwap: 3.2) - does that make the runner more likely/profitable to lay, pre-race.
spreadbetting

Manners cost nothing though, Derek, maybe I just grew up in a different era but a simple thank you wouldn't go amiss once in a while. Luca was originally going to be throwing $5K bets into the markets now he's struggling with the basics, I think sometimes we maybe need to look at where our own time is better spent.
Naffman

People are seriously spending more time on this guy?

Return to “General discussion”