Betfair historical Charts

A place to discuss anything.
Lucacrebbe

Hello, for you who can access to betfair historical data, I have red that the format in which Betfair is giving away data since 2015 isn't very user friendly at least for the free basic package.
I would like to know if with the paid package you are able to download also the chart of all the matches, along with all the data. I mean the red chart which usually is shown in Betfair when you check the depth of market.

This one:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lucacrebbe

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:09 am
Hello, for you who can access to betfair historical data, I have red that the format in which Betfair is giving away data since 2015 isn't very user friendly at least for the free basic package.
I would like to know if with the paid package you are able to download also the chart of all the matches, along with all the data. I mean the red chart which usually is shown in Betfair when you check the depth of market.

This one:

Is there some one who could help me with this? I have looked for it on Google, no way to know where to get historical CHARTS from
LinusP

In answer to your pm and email, no it’s not possible to get the Betfair charts although Betangel have some saved somewhere but I don’t have the link. Using the historical data you can attempt to recreate them.
Lucacrebbe

LinusP wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:33 pm
In answer to your pm and email, no it’s not possible to get the Betfair charts although Betangel have some saved somewhere but I don’t have the link. Using the historical data you can attempt to recreate them.
So you don't download the charts themselves, but only the odds changing, so you can recreate them?

There is no way to download the betfair chart?
Derek27

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:54 pm
LinusP wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:33 pm
So you don't download the charts themselves, but only the odds changing, so you can recreate them?

I know that wasn't the answer you wanted but asking the same question again isn't likely to result in a different answer.
northbound

Lucacrebbe wrote:
There is:

- Pay a programmer to write software that downloads charts at the scheduled start of every race or match.
- Rent a web server for $5 a month
- Put the software on the web server

This way you'll build your own personal archive of Betfair charts.

I'm a software programmer, if you got money to spend, drop me a private message.
Derek27

northbound wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:31 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:
There is:

- Pay a programmer to write software that downloads charts at the scheduled start of every race or match.

I'm a software programmer, if you got money to spend, drop me a private message.
You'll have to offer a competitive price, programmers will be falling over themselves to write software for Luca. ;)

The FAQ will have to be replaced with the Most Unexpected Questions. Can you include in the package 24/7 support? :lol:
Lucacrebbe

northbound wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:31 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:
There is:

I dropped you a message, somenthing in the 100-ish range?
Derek27

Now, wouldn't it be cool if you paid Northbound for the software (he might charge a bit more than that to justify the time), set up your server, and then Betfair was to shut down. :lol:
Kafkaesque

100ish....yikes :D Unless I'm grossly underestimating the work involved in building that software, then you're in for a nasty surprise if 100ish is your starting point.

I know the pound is running a bit low these days, but the UK isn't quite the new IT version of India just yet. Or did I miss that news bit :lol:
Derek27

I charged £120 for a PC accounting package, but that was the 1980's (5.25" floppy disks) and I was just 17!

Luca, make sure you find out how much Northbound charges per hour for customer support. :lol:
napshnap

Try to looka here link removed
napshnap

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:36 am
Now, wouldn't it be cool if you paid Northbound for the software (he might charge a bit more than that to justify the time), set up your server, and then Betfair was to shut down. :lol:
That gonna be be some Fantozzi stuff :D
northbound

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:55 am
Can you include in the package 24/7 support? :lol:
:D
northbound

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:29 am
I dropped you a message, somenthing in the 100-ish range?
Hi Luca, I’ll reply later today

Return to “General discussion”