Does life begin at 40?

A place to discuss anything.
PeterLe

Thats about the time I had my midlife crisis! Got divorced, bought a sports car and a motorbike, discovered internet dating..all in all, a bloody good time!!
15 years later Happily settled down again, but enjoyed the ride whilst it lasted!
Happy Birthday! Enjoy it ! :-)
jimibt

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:11 pm
My hair is growing out of my ears at an alarming rate.
My pubes have gone grey.
When I get out of bed, it feels like my hips need WD40.
I get increasingly angry at trivial things, like teenagers who don't know the difference between lose and loose.
After 3 pints I'm starting to feel bloated.
I've started to enjoy Escape to the Country.
I'm always thinking twice about farting in public, in case it might be something more substantial.

However, I'm still enjoying life.......and I can still get an erection without medical assistance!

Have a good one, Brimson 8-)
...that's more like it :) - so yeah, enjoy the b'day today, as you may well need to invest in one soon by the sounds of things...
JTEDL

^ agree with most of that apart from the greyy pubes bit

'age is nothing but a number' have to agree with that too (I'm 46)
ShaunWhite

I only count adult years.
It's not fair to start counting while you're still not cooked. That way I'm in my mid 30's which feels about right.

Happy 22nd Birthday ! :)
foxwood

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:56 pm
I only count adult years.
It's not fair to start counting while you're still not cooked. That way I'm in my mid 30's which feels about right.

Happy 22nd Birthday ! :)
Like that :D

And then, later, there's mid-life years (whenever that is) followed by pension years - eternal youth :lol:
ShaunWhite

Exactly, if you can't find a solution, find a workaround. They're called the 7 ages of man for a reason.
brimson25

Thanks for all the birthday wishes.

I can confirm that hangovers grow no kinder with age...
stueytrader

48 of those darned years here.

I still think I'm 28 though inside. I'd guess most blokes on here have a similar feeling.

I've learned since being 40, I'll still make mistakes but I think I respond a little better to those same mistakes. Not really life begins, but possibly matures into something that can be managed well enough! :lol:

Return to “General discussion”